The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

TV license, a new scam?.

Not one I've came across before, but the usual dear customer, no name. saying I had overpaid for two years and was due a refund, fill the online form in, no doubt asking for bank details.

New Thatcher statue

A universally loathed Prime Minister is pushing for a statue of another universally loathed Prime Minister, it has emerged.By commissioning a statue of Margaret Thatcher, PM, Theresa May has sent the strongest signal yet that she is firmly in touch w...

_38844949_statue_pa_port.jpg

Some sad news......

Just found this while looking for something else STEPHEN ANTHONY RILEY On 10th January 2017 suddenly in hospital following a long illness, Stephen aged 66 years of Blackburn and formerly of Burnley. The much loved husband of Agnes I believe that this...

In memory

To those who perished at Grenfell Towers Those who were mown down and attacked at Seven Sisters, London Bridge, Westminster, and killed at Manchester etc.

User avatar by Engager
  • 45 replies
  • 1 kudos

Tony Blair and Bill Gates.

Both Tony Blair and Bill Gates are in the news today. Tony Blair with reference to the Chilcot Enquiry, and Bill Gates with his dire warning regarding Middle Eastern and African immigration into Europe. Bill Gates, one of the most humanitarian philan...

Ah well, that's it then?

It's been wet weather for a few days now? We've had the longest day, Sun's disappeared, nights are drawing in, Summer's over, Winter's coming, soon be Christmas.

wave2
User avatar by Guide
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos

Scottish Wildlife Trust webcams

There are four different webcams on this site. I've been a regular Osprey watcher for a few years now and I've just seen a Red Squirrel feeding for the first time on the squirrel cam. https://scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/things-to-do/watch-wildlife-o...

May and Tories won't last much past xmas

Could even be b4 xmas but get ready for another GE within 6 months,or even within month or two.This country is fecked and that's the way they want it-divide and conquer. Typical British mantra. Brexit is a shambles and won't go well. The Scots have a...

Who remembers the old posting boards? Good days!

I'm sat just about to list some bits and bobs and thought back to when the posting boards were so different.I rarely come here now, but have some great memories A few that come to mind... * There was WOS (RIP) who always kept us entertained.*Andy who...

The Betrayed Girls

Last nights programme about the Rochdale grooming gangs was extremely harrowing. To think that this has all been going on on our doorsteps makes my blood boil. And the problem is it is still going on around the country! What can be done to free these...

DVDs

Are they only intented for single use. I buy a brand new set of DVDs, watch it once. No problemI only handle them by the edges and always put them back in their box after use, and store on a shelf at room temperature. Why is it that when I go to watc...

On the fiddle - shame on him

There's always someone on the fiddle .... but even worse when others have suffered terrible loss. After the appalling tragedy of the Grenfell Tower fire, Anh Nhu Nguyen claimed fraudulently that he lived in the block and lost his wife and son in the ...

What happened to personal responsibility

Just been watching the national news which featured an item about a group of young men who died whilst playing volleyball at Camber Sands, they drowned having become stranded by tides. The coroner has said that the local authority had a duty of care ...

Earlier Today Lucky Or What

this CCTV may give raise for alarm if you have a weak disposition i hope he put a Euro Ticket on http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-berkshire-40415292/cctv-footage-shows-man-hit-by-bus-in-reading

The Blame Game?

The aftermath of the tower block fire is leading to recriminations and, it seems to me, people are blaming everyone but themselves? (That is, those in "officialdom") Now, they're throwing people out of their homes with very little notice and if they ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Holiday

Can anyone suggest a holiday suitable for me. I am disabled, in as much that I cant walk very far.I thought that a holiday camp would be best, as everything is in one place, or so I thought. I arrived, only to discover that there was nothing to see o...

Game Show

Anyone any idea which game show ends with the winner choosing from 2 prizes.Not cash but £1000 worth of something, shoes, clothes, gadgets, theme park tickets, theatre tickets etc. I remember watching it, but cant remember the title of the show. Any ...

Harris, no re-trial.

The latest trial of Rolf Harris has ended with the jury failing to agree. It was already a re-trial and it's been decided there won't be another (re-trial). In the light of many such cases, isn't it time the Laws regarding evidence needs some overhau...

User avatar by Guide
  • 67 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Last Nights BBC Programme The Hospital

If you did not see it then I recommend you do so on the Iplayer. It was an interesting insight into the comings and goings at Paddington St Mary's Hospital, a real fly on the wall documentary that throws some light on to te problems faced by our NHS....

Still using Windows XP - update now

Windows have released security updates for Win XP Even though they stopped supporting it, a while ago https://threatpost.com/risk-of-destructive-cyber-attacks-prompts-microsoft-to-update-xp-again/126235/

Wickedness.

How else can you describe what's happened in Manchester? Although there's as yet been no confirmed link to any "organisation" or followers of any "group", it's probably going to be determined soon. SO, isn't it about time that certain beliefs are pic...

User avatar by Guide
  • 94 replies
  • 2 kudos

What a lousy choice we face ....

..... on Thursday For the first time ever I have absolutely no clear idea of which local candidate I want to vote for (little difference between them it seems from the local leaflets) Neither can I decide which of the 2 main party leaders would be th...