Some people.....

I just can't believe the stupidity of some people:-

http://news.sky.com/story/1206508/m4-conman-targets-drivers-in-motorway-scam

Who in their right mind would hand over any money in such a situation? Help someone, yes, but as soon as any large sum of money is mentioned, surely alarm bells would ring and Red flags wave?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Some people.....

Its unbelievable .....
Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Some people.....

What I don't understand is how he cons people into giving him cash to get the Agency people off his case re the fake phone call when it's obvious that once he gets petrol and a lift back to his car it will be moved anyway. How does he explain that with enough credibility to make even the dopiest Samaritan cough up some cash?

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Some people.....

You can understand why people are reluctant to stop & help even if it's for real, sad fact of life even now some people are gullible to these scams.

**********Sam**********
Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Some people.....

I got caught years ago when the £1.00 first came out and was worth a pound.  I'd just walked into a launderette to put my clothes in a dryer when somebloke did the same, fumbled in his pockets and cursed.

Holding a £1.00 coin, he approached me.

"Excuse me, mate.  Have you got change of a pound?"

"Sure,"  I said, counting out £1.00 in loose change.

"Thanks."  he said, grabbing the loose change and disappearing out of the shop and on to a routemaster just leaving the bus stop.  Baffled, I wondered what was going on.  His "clothes" were just a bundle of old rags.  That was the last I saw of him - or my £1.00 coin! - Doh!  I'm not one to get conned easily, but if a bloke was standing there holding an empty can of petrol, yes, I'd buy him a gallon.  Why the hell not?  There's got to be an element of trust somewhere in this world, otherwise nobody would deposit any money in the banks.  I didn't feel a fool.  To go through all that for a sake of £1.00?  That's why I wouldn't have pursued him down the road.  Lose for  front teeth or more for a quid?

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Some people.....

A fool and his money..................

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.
Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent