Scammers?

They keep on dreaming up new scams by phone and I've just had one I've not had before.

I answered the phone to an automated message ".....Your internet connection will be disconnected within 24 to 48 hours. Your IP address has been compromised in several countries, press 1 to be connected to a technician....."

Have you had it? The number started off with 002037........ 

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Scammers?

Not that one.

I've had one a few times saying someone has hacked into my computer and I need to turn my computer on so they can fix it. 

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Scammers?

Smiley Indifferentyes i get all of them at different times

if i,m not busy i talk to them but never press any numbers or give any info

and sometimes i pretend there some one else and talk about what i want to talk about

i got list of numbers

if you put number into google it tells you how many times people have had the same caller

and sometimes who they are

Petal
Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Scammers?

Yes Petal, I google the numbers too but there was nothing for that one.

Live long and prosper.

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Scammers?

Smiley Happyb t scams from Norwich

Petal
Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Scammers?

???? Explain?

Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Scammers?

Yes, I had this one the other day.  Mine said press 1 to be connected to BT.

Thing is I was at my mothers flat  --  she's 87 and has never had an Internet connection.

I used my usual tactic  --  complete silence until they disconnect,  hopefully it puts their bill up a bit.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Scammers?

Smiley Very HappySay Yes To Every Question And Only Yes No Matter What The Question

Petal
Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Scammers?

I started doing it when "Silent Phone Calls" were quite common and worrying my mum  --  thought "I wonder how they like it" and found the number of calls went down.

She lives in Sheltered Housing run by an Association.  Recently they wrote to tell us that they had engaged a surveyor to check that the flats were up to standard and the surveyor would ring to make an appointment to call.   So I had to start answering calls,  within a few days the number of nuisance calls went up from two - three a week , to two or three a day.  

We've now had the survey and I'm back to silence and they are going down again.  It is shocking how quickly a number that responds is passed on to other cold callers.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent