Right, that's it then.

Today was the longest day, it's all downhill from here. Summer's over, Winter's coming, soon be Christmas. laughing

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Right, that's it then.

I am interested in your comment about summer.  What is it and more to the point where is it? I can confidently say that it hasn't been seen around here for some considerable time, the longest day was incredibly wet and today we are back to wind that makes you have to hold on to your toupe.  I have vague hopes for and Indian summer in Sept/Oct but have learn't that in this neck of the woods that also is unlikely.  Apart from that it is a lovely day today!

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Right, that's it then.

I'm still waiting for summer to start.

Heavy rain just started here.Woman Sad

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Right, that's it then.

Is this a party political broadcast on behalf of the SAD party? 

I'm sure many like myself Celebrated the Solstace at their nearest stone circle. We joined a group of druids who were doing their own thing and did not object to us being adorned in just a vine leaf crown and flip flops. And that,s where I do agree with the previous post, it was clear glancing around that the cold and wind was taking it's toll upon our ageing bodies. In the seventies this problem would easily have resolved itself by a quick game of adult twister followed by some shared bodily warmth however when one reaches a stage in life where you only share a bath with Radox and a quick fumble means to adjust oneself purely for comfort purposes, I guess ones days of celebrating a tradition are numbered.

But as the OP said it's downhill all the way as the days draw back and we charge headlong into that other lost celebration Christmas. Lets hope that before then we get at least one chance to fire up the BBQ and invite a few friends around to share in this years must have dish Chicken with Campylobactor.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Right, that's it then.

Perhaps Summer gets overrated.  It's ok for young people. They can go down to the beach. Basking and displaying their firm bodies.

But when one reaches a certain age, doesn't Summer lose its charms? And other Seasons gain more favour.

Such as Autumn, when one can take refuge from the cruelly-exposing solar glare. And go forth in a scarf, which hides the neck-wattles.

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Right, that's it then.

Doom and gloom?  Summer only started yesterday!

grumpy.jpg

Cheer up.  Rain is good for plants Smiley Very Happy

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Right, that's it then.

Thanks suzie, Summer starts on June 21, and it's Midsummer Day on June 24, so the whole Summer is over by June 27.

You comfort me strangely Smiley Happy

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley HappySmiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Right, that's it then.

It was dark early here tonight , started round 9.30.

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Right, that's it then.

I noticed that too.  It should've been lighter for a longer time.

But doesn't time go so fast as we age.  I find the year- dates, like 2015, seem increasingly unreal.

Like we're in a Science Fiction story, except nothing much has changed, and there aren't any air-cars.

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Right, that's it then.

Quick Weather alert for those living North Of the Manchester Ship canal, Sunshine is attempting to break through yes it looks like Summertime is Today so hankies on your heads, roll up yer trousers and find the nearest deck chair. For lunch a nice dish of pickled whelks,Heaven!
Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Right, that's it then.

Not in the NE, no sign of any sun here yet.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent