R.I.P Sir Christopher Lee and Ron Moody

Two of the true greats have passed away.

Sir Christopher Lee

Ron Moody

So sad that we will only be able to see them in past work but so grateful to have enjoyed their performances for years.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 1 of 27
See Most Recent
26 REPLIES 26

It's always sad when great talents pass away.

But they have been recorded on film, and videos, and DVD's.  This will ensure them of a kind of immortality.

They will live on for the next 10,000 years, or for however long our civilisation lasts.

Message 2 of 27
See Most Recent

massive massive loss to the acting world! I think i was only 1 of very few that actually managed to get a ttm reply from Sir Christopher Lee, a treasured reply in my collection. 

Rest now, your legacy lives on. 

Message 3 of 27
See Most Recent

There have been many actors over the years that have portrayed both Dracula and Fagin, but none have managed to embody these characters quite like Christopher Lee and Ron Moody. Both these talented actors made those particular parts their own, and effortlessly elevated them from all the others who tried, both before and since. Absolute professionals.

Mister EMB

Message 4 of 27
See Most Recent

totally agree. Its a job replacing them both...jonny depp has brought the satire of Sir Lee but not the composure ,and Moody's Fagin is still the best ever acted character. I was blown away with Christopher Lee's role in the Resident, at 92 he could have been 30....awesome role playing.

If you havent seen it ,it one hell of a scary horror,his supporting lead role of hillary swank made it glue tv imo

Message 5 of 27
See Most Recent

Sorry,at 90.....wish I was that cool .I typo at 50 he acts at 90 ....guys a legend with minimal chance of replacement,is how I see it.......but would love opinions on who can do what he and Micheal Cain have done.

Jonny Depp is close ,but thats about it as far as I can see.

Message 6 of 27
See Most Recent

footnote

he is down as a cameo role,which it is.....but ,the film takes a dire twist to the unnatural horror when he steps in, and thats why I  say lead role...cause it is...even Swank becomes ever more unsettled by his appearence,and that was the point I think...hence making him the boss at scaring you 🙂

Message 7 of 27
See Most Recent

RIP to two legends of the screen. It is said the brightest stars shine brightly only for a short time and quickly go out, this has not been the case for these two fine people, their light has shone the brightest and illuminated our lives with their performances for so many a year, the world is now that little bit darker without their light.

Message 8 of 27
See Most Recent

@cke786 wrote:

RIP to two legends of the screen. It is said the brightest stars shine brightly only for a short time and quickly go out, this has not been the case for these two fine people, their light has shone the brightest and illuminated our lives with their performances for so many a year, the world is now that little bit darker without their light.

Whether they were "fine people" is debatable.  Most famous actors seem to have been bustards in their private lives.  That goes with the "acting" probably.  If a person "acts", that must show a fundamental flaw in them.

But it doesn't really matter, their performances have entertained and pleased us!

And we will go on being pleased, thanks to videos and DVDS, which have preserved their performances. Like I said already.

Message 9 of 27
See Most Recent

Actually, you may find, if you care to investigate, that Christopher Lee was also a very fine serviceman...
Message 10 of 27
See Most Recent

His personal past is no business of mine. So I don't care to investigate it, as it would probably be unpleasing.

Message 11 of 27
See Most Recent

Not wishing to be rude but is there anything or anyone you do like.
Message 12 of 27
See Most Recent

I know what I like.  But it's far too rude to express on these forums.

Message 13 of 27
See Most Recent

... you wrote..

Whether they were "fine people" is debatable.  Most famous actors seem to have been bustards in their private lives.  That goes with the "acting" probably.  If a person "acts", that must show a fundamental flaw in them

yet again, you are wrong, and make a statement that is flawed. 

Message 14 of 27
See Most Recent

Why is what you like rude?
Message 15 of 27
See Most Recent

Does one sense an element of "agent-provocateur" in these latest posts?

Message 16 of 27
See Most Recent

...I know what I like.  But it's far too rude to express on these forums...

lol.. looks like the Tennants is kicking in...

Message 17 of 27
See Most Recent

If you like, you have opinions and so have we, you seem to enjoy demeaning ours but don't like us questioning yours.
Message 18 of 27
See Most Recent

The Tennents has kicked in, undeniably.

Yet, I remain upstanding.  And firmly erect, in pursuit of all men's opinons, as to what constitutes the real truth, about what we want to do.

Message 19 of 27
See Most Recent

Huh!
Message 20 of 27
See Most Recent