One of my childhood hero's found Safe and well

Missing former Blue Peter presenter John Noakes has been found near his home in Majorca after going missing for more than eight hours.

The 81-year-old, who suffers from Alzheimer's Disease, was found in a storm drain about one kilometre from his home, his wife Vicky said.

Mr Noakes, who is Blue Peter's longest-serving presenter, is being taken to hospital in the city of Palma.

Mrs Noakes said police had told her he did not appear to have any life-threatening injuries.

Police in Andratx on the south west of the Mediterranean island were alerted to his disappearance at around 8am on what has been Spain's hottest day so far this year.

Officers were joined in their searches by friends of the couple and local residents, and Mr Noakes was eventually discovered in an overgrown culvert less than a mile from their home at around 7pm, 6pm British time.

Mrs Noakes, who was on her way to the hospital to be reunited with her husband, said: "I don't know exactly what state he is in but the Guardia said that as far as they could see there were no life threatening injuries.

It's a sad story with a happy ending, Guardia refused to say whether Shep ws involved in the search.

1363989865184.jpg

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Poor John, it is an absolutely horrible disease,  All you can wish for him is that he is comfortable and at peace with himself.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

They say he's fine or as well as can be expected. Meanwhile lets celebrate a clip that still makes me laugh, great day's.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Cj2TtFd_E

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Thanks for giving a link to re-watch that clip!  The great thing about it, is that it delivers sustained hilarity over a period of several minutes.

Which is far superior to other much-vaunted comedic incidents, such as Captain Mainwaring shouting "Don't tell him Pyke!" Or David Jason falling through the bar.  These are good, but only last a few seconds.

Whereas the elephant business, keeps on delivering!  Just when you think, that's it -  it's all  over -  a new hilarious development occurs! Right to the end, when the elephant runs off, dragging the harassed keeper out of camera shot at the perfect climactic moment.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

"Get off me foot"

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent