On the fiddle - shame on him

There's always someone on the fiddle .... but even worse when others have suffered terrible loss.

After the appalling tragedy of the Grenfell Tower fire, Anh Nhu Nguyen claimed fraudulently that he lived in the block and lost his wife and son in the fire to get £10K compensation.

Disgusting. Not too smart either to think he could get away with it.  Shame on him.  I hope they throw the book at him. 

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/grenfell-tower-man-in-court-for-claiming-family-died-to-get-nea...

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Now tell me does he have a British passport and if so why? I bet he isn't the only one trying to profit out of tragedy!
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

I did think there was a possibility something like this might happen, as there are a lot of really awful people out there that will take advantage of a tragic situation. 

Just so pleased he has been caught. Maybe that will put out a message to anyone even contemplating doing anything like he has done. How on earth he thought he could get away with this is anyone's guess. Shame on him. 

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent