New Thatcher statue

_38844949_statue_pa_port.jpgA universally loathed Prime Minister is pushing for a statue of another universally loathed Prime Minister, it has emerged.

By commissioning a statue of Margaret Thatcher, PM, Theresa May has sent the strongest signal yet that she is firmly in touch with public opinion.

Weighing in at nearly half a million pounds the proposed two hundred metre granite monument has quickly taken priority over any realistic plans to provide suitable accommodation to victims of the Grenfell tragedy.

Among the proposed designs is one of the former Iron Lady swinging her handbag into the face of a beleaguered coal miner.

But the favourite by far features the most hated Prime Minister in living memory stealing a bottle of milk from the hand of a tearful, malnourished child.

Meanwhile, many fear the statue would fast become a target for mindless vandals and left-leaning pigeons.

Commentator, Simon Williams, said, “By positioning the statue in Parliament Square, the PM is hoping to deflect attention from the considerable carnage of her premiership.”

He added, “She will stand there cold and emotionless surveying the division and strife of the land where she once held a semblance of power.

“As for the statue, I have no idea what it will look like.”

I don't want it but it would be amusing to the see the many varied ways it would be vandalised,that bloke who decapitated the one in the Guildhall got 3 months

http://newsthump.com/2017/07/07/hugely-unpopular-prime-minister-pushes-for-statue-of-hugely-unpopula...

We are many,They are few
Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

New Thatcher statue

I think it's a bad idea simply because there are those who would seek to deface it. Such is life these days, For many she was a transformational PM whereas for others she was the destroyer of jobs in traditional industry! And of unions who until she came along had enjoyed unbridled power. With thatcher the only certainty was uncertainty. She challenged so much and that made her many enemies. I would far prefer to see a statue of George Galloway complete with fedora strategically positioned in order to attract the maximum coverage of our feral pigeon population, who could possibly object to that?
Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

New Thatcher statue

Can't wait 

images.jpg

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

New Thatcher statue

In my opinion it should never be commissioned ! There are far better things the money could go to even though in the grand scheme of things it is not really a lot.

Although it is a fortune to me.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

New Thatcher statue

Every city should have a statue of Margaret Thatcher!

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

New Thatcher statue

Petal
Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent