Music Query.

I have just seen again, the trailer for the new BBC series '1864' which begins this weekend. It looks like it might be a good watch. I have been trying to find out who sings the song that is played on the trailer....does anyone on here know?
Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Music Query.

Ahhhh...got it! It's First Aid Kit........'A long time ago'....beautiful!
Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Music Query.

@astrologica wrote:
I have just seen again, the trailer for the new BBC series '1864' which begins this weekend. It looks like it might be a good watch. I have been trying to find out who sings the song that is played on the trailer....does anyone on here know?

Hi Astro. I believe it's an old song sung by a couple, or a group, called 'First Aid Kit'

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Music Query.

Oh, you found it!

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Music Query.

Yes....I thought I might take a look on the BBC Points of view site to see if anyone had asked on there..and sure enough, they had!
Thank you for your input....I have never heard of First Aid Kit...they must be a bit obscure!
Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Music Query.

Glad you found thetrack, whereabouts did you find the answer Astro?  I have been looking for a piece of operatic music used in a recent BBC4 program, the BBC website gives no clues and I have no idea where else to look.

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Music Query.

I'd not heard of them before either. I found the answer on a Youtube trailer. In the comments, others were asking who the singer was and eventually someone came up with the answer.

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Music Query.

I didn't think of Points Of View, I'll give it a try. Failing that I'll try Youtube too.

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Music Query.

Very unusual for a Swedish band to be included in a Danish TV show

First Aid Kit, 

also do a REM cover in Resse Witherspoons film - WILD

Great singing Sisters

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

Music Query.

Got a very quick response to my query from Points Of View. This is the music I was trying to identify, it was  used in the closing credits for the BBC Secrets Of The Universe series. I knew I'd heard it before, it was used in the Terrence Malick film Tree Of Life, here is an excerpt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmnYqKl1LzE

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Music Query.

That's beautiful jd......quite haunting. I'm really pleased you managed to find it!
Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent