Mickey Rooney says "good riddance to all of you" disinheriting EVERYBODY! :-> LOL

Just read Mickey Rooney gave a ine finger salute to his entire family by disinheriting everybody!!!  Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLNone of his children nor any of his ex wives got a penny.  He left his entire estate of just $18,000.00 - £10,500.00 to his carer.  The thing is, they cannot even contest the will.  Even if coersion could be proved - an exceedingly difficult thing to prove anyway, no lawyer would be prepared to take it on.  It just wouldn't be worth it:  It's small change to them.  In this country, £10,500.00 would buy you a very modest car.  God knows where the money went.  I think all of his ex wives took their inheritance money early.  Sounds as though he was a bitter man, but he believed in sharing everything equally - He's now got an equally bitter wife, eight equally bitter children and ex wives to curse him at his funeral!

Good on yer, Mickey - make damn certain none of them EVER forget you!

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

Mickey Rooney says "good riddance to all of you" disinheriting EVERYBODY! :-> LOL

I've never understood this assumption that children and others ought to benefit financially from the death of their parents. Surely  a good parent nurtures the young child, helps them get educated, then launches them to make their own way in the world? Then, that's it.

The Strebe-Grebling fortune is going to charities.

Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

I was chatting to an old bricklayer a few years back,he was due to retire,I asked his plans he said,flog the house,move into rented accomodation,buy a decent car, have a few good hoilidays and leave the kids nothing to fight about Smiley Very Happy

We are many,They are few
Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

Up to a point, but if you love and care for the family you've raised, it would be quite natural to want to help them as a final gesture of you love after you've gone as a final gift - after all, it's no good to you.  After all, you don't stop thinking or caring for them just because they've left home.

Some people use their will to even up the score.  Not by not leaving the recipient any money, on the contrary, but leaving him or her an absurdly small amount of money.  A classic example of this was an embittered man who blamed a social worker for the breakup of his marriage.  He took his own life leaving this social worker ten pence, where it then got into the papers, with reporters sniffing out a good story line: "Social worker destroys happy marriage."  It put her job under intense scrutiny, and she handed in her notice shortly afterwards.

Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

Man WinkSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Yes, good on you Mickey - make damn certain none of them EVER forget you!  I did a very recent thread on this story.

And here is one picture of the now disinherited:

007.JPG

Oh dear, do you see what I  see ?  (wink)      Now they really have a reason to be SAD!

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

I LOVE IT!  ROTF!

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

I wonder were this money went too..  

Mickey Rooney Net Worth

Mickey Rooney Net Worth
Net Worth:$38 Million
  • Source of WealthActing
  • Age93 years old
  • Birth PlaceNew York, NY, USA
  • Height5' 2" (1.57 m)
  • Marital StatusMarried Jan Rooney (m. 1978), Carolyn Hockett (m. 1969–1975), Marge Lane (m. 1966–1967), Carolyn Mitchell (m. 1958–1966), Elaine Devry (m. 1952–1958), Martha Vickers (m. 1949–1951), Betty Jane Baker (m. 1944–1949), Ava Gardner (m. 1942–1943)
  • NationalityAmerican
More StatsView More

ABOUT MICKEY ROONEY

Mickey Rooney is an actor and entertainer whose net worth is $38 Million. He was born on September 23rd 1920 as Joseph Yule, Jr. in Westlake Village in California, United States. He stands 1.57 m tall.

He earned his source of wealth from acting which he started in his childhood days. He received many awards which include an Honorary Academy Award, a Juvenile Academy Award, an Emmy Award and Golden Globe Awards. He acted in a movie A Family Affair as Andy Hardy in the year 1937. He worked in television series like Bob Hope Presents the Chrysler Theatre, The Name of the Game, Kung Fu: The Legend Continues, Arrest and Trial and others. He got international fame for his role in the movie The Adventures of the Black Stallion as Henry Dailey. He also worked in silent era film. In the year 1944 he served at military service for more than 21 months.

He died on April 6th 2014.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

As Wyatt Earp famously told his biographer shortly before his death: "To hell with the truth, print the legend!"

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Ha ha LOL. I hear so much of this sort of thing. "I left it all to the cats home"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Bitter feuds in families seem to be escalating in this day and age. Well hes got to have had his reasons. Pure and Simple.

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

Charles Vance Millar passed away in 1926. In his professional life he was a Canadian lawyer and an investor. In his personal life he was known as a prankster with a great sense of humor. In his will, he left a vacation house in Jamaica under joint custody of three people he knew hated each other. However, the most well known part of Millar’s will is the part where he directed that the cash value of his sizable estate would be given to the woman that birthed the largest number of children over a ten year period. This set in motion a frenzy known as “The Great Stork Derby” in which a handful of Canadian women tried to win Millar’s “contest”. The Canadian court system attempted to strike the clause from his will, but since Millar was a lawyer, he had made the clause untouchable and the show went on. Four women who each birthed nine children shared the money, each taking home about $125,000. - ----------------  See more at: http://gouldcooksey.com/5-strange-things-left-in-wills/#sthash.XGSeNeFg.dpuf

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

Samuel Bratt used his will to simply get even. His wife never allowed him to smoke;so he returned the favor. The embittered Bratt left her £330,000, provided that she smoked five cigars per day. Another disgruntled husband left his whole estate to his sisters, and specified in his will, "To my wife, as are compense for deserting me and leaving me in peace, I expect the said sister,Elizabeth, to make a gift of ten shillings sterling, to buy her a pocket handkerchief to weep after my decease."

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

Along the lines of the Irish wake, some people try to inspire others to celebrate life rather than mourn their passing. In 1983, Tom Goodson asked his relatives to give everyone who attended his funeral an envelope containing a one pound note with the words, "Have a smoke, crack a joke. Thanks for coming," written on it.................................................................................. and from me Tommy and Irene please leave all your things to us

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

@joe_bloggs* wrote:

I was chatting to an old bricklayer a few years back,he was due to retire,I asked his plans he said,flog the house,move into rented accomodation,buy a decent car, have a few good hoilidays and leave the kids nothing to fight about Smiley Very Happy

That was almost exactly what myself and my siblings tried to get Dad to do when he retired,

It was almost impossible to persuade him to enjoy the money he had saved.

Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

My brother and I did the same. 

Mum and Dad went on many overseas holidays and enjoyed every minute

They bought things that made their lives more enjoyable and intersting.

They must have spent thousands, but my brother and I encouraged them to enjoy themselves while they were able to.

It annoyed us when the odd *bleep* came up with, along the lines of

"Aren`t you bothered that they are spending your money?"

We soon put them right by explaining

"It is not our money, it is theirs to do with as they wish"

Photobucket
Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent