Is Suncream a Con..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3082458/The-sun-creams-don-t-protection-promise-Two-Britain-...

.....................The sun creams that DON'T give the protection they promise: Two of Britain's biggest brands 'offer only two-thirds of the level on the label' Boots Soltan and Hawaiian Tropic gave less protection than stated on label Failure suggests users are being put at risk of sunburn or even skin cancer Both brands strenuously contested the results of Which?'s lab tests Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3082458/The-sun-creams-don-t-protection-promise-Two-Britain-...

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Is Suncream a Con..

I buy cheap suncream max 30 at the £pound shop as it to do what it says on the label..

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Is Suncream a Con..

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-05-15/two-leading-spf30-sun-creams-less-effective-than-cheaper-supermar...

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Is Suncream a Con..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sun creams are a con full stop.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Is Suncream a Con..

@Anonymous wrote:

Sun creams are a con full stop.

Don't the creams block some solar radiation from infecting our skin, and causing cancerous growths.

Which means the creams are doing some good.  Even if they are expensive.  How much would you pay, not to get skin-cancer?

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Is Suncream a Con..

If 50 factor is £2 in one shop and £49 in another which one do you go for..

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Is Suncream a Con..

@tommy.irene wrote:

If 50 factor is £2 in one shop and £49 in another which one do you go for..

Sadly, the £2 one.  Immediate saving of cash, would prevail.

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Is Suncream a Con..

Why are they a con, harry?

I would say that high factor ones definitely work and stop skin burning.

I use an all day one called P20 when I am working outside with no shade anywhere and I find it brilliant. Without it I would burn in an hour or so.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Is Suncream a Con..

@suzieseaside wrote:

Why are they a con, harry?

I would say that high factor ones definitely work and stop skin burning.

I use an all day one called P20 when I am working outside with no shade anywhere and I find it brilliant. Without it I would burn in an hour or so.

Yes, the high-factor ones do work.

They stop skin burning, as you say.  But if one is fully nude,  they have to be annointed all over one's skin. This takes a lot of time and stretching..  It's not easy to rub the lotion up one's back. Also, when applied to a bald head, the lotion eventually runs down into one's eyes, and causes pain. Which can only be relieved by running frantically into the sea to wash it off.

Generally, I would say that high-factor sun-cream may stop your face getting burned.  If that's all you wish to expose.

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Is Suncream a Con..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, now you are thinking of your health....how amazing. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Is Suncream a Con..

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah, now you are thinking of your health....how amazing. Smiley Happy

Thinking about health, is a kind of cul-de-sac. It's a dead loss, in the long run.

Because even the most healthy person, must inevitably end up in a coffin, or as ashes in a crematorium, after 100 years.

Even if they have lead a very healthy life.  All their healthiness did for them,  was prolong their life into old age.

And old age isn't very enjoyable. It makes your body shrivel up, and get wrinkled.  Especially the personal organs. These are an upstanding source of joy in youth.  But in old age, they yield only flaccid efforts . Or so I've found.

Hopefully, medical Science will soon be able to correct this situation.  By renewing our bodies, so we can be young again!

Isn't that what we all wish? 

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent