I don't get it.

All these politicins saying things like, "If I lose my seat at the election, I'll quit."

Yeah, Whoopie. Does that mean they'll drop out of politics and get a real job? Or does it mean they'll drop out of mainstream life in front of the camera altogether and actually earn a wage. Will they get the same wage as they did last month or will they live on the same wage as the rest of us without being paid for in a roundabout kind of way.

So what, exactly, does "Quitting" mean?

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

I don't get it.

Smiley FrustratedYou Have To Form A Community Forum To Debate It. (nice to see your still around )

Petal
Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

I don't get it.

After a disasterous defeat in the General Election, Nigel Farage announced he has quit. Then added he's only going on holiday ~ which was again added to by a statement saying he is likely to stand again for leadership of UKIP in September.

On the following day ~ May 8th ~ UKIP stormed to victory at the Thanet Council (Kent) local elections by gaining 33 seats out of 56 ~ leaving labour in a state of shock.  I think he's likely to remain in politics after that result and not get a 'proper job'.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ukip-running-first-council-after-5667766#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

I don't get it.

Well Top Gear are looking for some new presenters giggle.gif

Merry Everything & A Happy Always 🙂
Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

I don't get it.

Now for the £11.5m golden goodbyes! Every ousted MP can claim redundancy package - and Ed Balls is entitled to £88,000 payout MPs who have lost their seats or stood down are entitled to up to £11.5m The share of the public money is a 'golden goodbye' for around 170 MPs Ed Balls, Vince Cable and Esther McVey are among those who will benefit Figure set to exceed £10.4m claimed after the last election despite reforms .................................................... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3075453/Now-11-5m-golden-goodbyes-ousted-MP-claim-redundancy...

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

I don't get it.

I've never been away.

I got a new PC and it was a bugger trying to find the pages again. I've decided to buy an All-in-one now but there are just so many of them to chose from.

ps ........ I know I shouldn't but it's "you're" or "you are", not "your" . lol

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

I don't get it.

It all depends if they've got friends in the right places.James Purnell, failed Labour MP, was given a £300,000 a year job at the BBC. The job hadn't been advertised. His Labour cronies at the BBC just decided to give him some of our money, paid out of the TV tax, because they thought he'd be good at getting even more money out of his cronies in the next Labour government. Wrong on all counts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2278944/Former-Labour-minister-lands-300-000-BBC-job-James-P...

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

I don't get it.

I doubt you'll see Ed joining the dole queue anytime soon.  As an aside though it would have been nice to see well known racist Diane Abbott hand in her notice too but alas it was not to be.  This time.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent