Holiday

Can anyone suggest a holiday suitable for me.

I am disabled, in as much that I cant walk very far.

I thought that a holiday camp would be best, as everything is in one place, or so I thought.

I arrived, only to discover that there was nothing to see or do during the day, apart from a room full of slot machines.

They had evening entertainment of sorts, but it was the same entertainers every night.

I like to go on holiday alone by choice, so any suggestions please

Photobucket
Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Holiday

Smiley Happy

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=disabled+holidays&spf=1498242581709

never thought about that Mustard so i did a google

Petal
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Holiday

Don't mean to be personal, but how bad is your disability? Have you considered a coaching holiday.

I used to be a tour guide for a coach holiday company.  We had lots of partially disabled, and elderly people who couldn't walk far.  Loads of singles too.

They were away for a week, with 3 trips out included in the price, and two more optional ones. Some of them included some walking - or being in a city for a few hours, but many trips were to a particular attraction, or a river boat trip etc.   Do a bit of research before you book to see what trips they do and if you think you could do it.

Often, clients would opt out of trips and sit on the beach or do their own thing at their own pace.

Try to choose somewhere flat and easy to get round - not Torquay or St Ives - too hilly

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Holiday

@mustard-tree wrote:

Can anyone suggest a holiday suitable for me.

I am disabled, in as much that I cant walk very far.

I thought that a holiday camp would be best, as everything is in one place, or so I thought.

I arrived, only to discover that there was nothing to see or do during the day, apart from a room full of slot machines.

They had evening entertainment of sorts, but it was the same entertainers every night.

I like to go on holiday alone by choice, so any suggestions please

Sorry you ha d a boring uneventful experience with your choice of holiday camp.

I do think it was just the luck of the draw, a poor choice, of course if you havent recomendations etc to go by you're not going to know what it will be like till you get there.

There are plenty of holiday camps aounnd that are very good and value for money.  My son although has ha d a slight career change was an enternainer for for several caravan parks over the course of 15 years and each one was very well equiped for the disabled. They would put on daily activities and the night time entertainment altthough the same team each night, each night would be different. There would be full caberet shows, quizes, discos, kareoke, all good clean fun too as they were family parks.

So I would say, dont giveup on the park holidays.  Google and read some of the reveiws.  I can recommend The Welcome and Golden Sands Dawlish.  Penstowe at Bude, Beverley Holidays at Paignton and Hobourne at cotswolds and Paignton.

There is also adults only holidays "Warners"  they have holiday sites all over ther country and as far as I am aware lay on daily excursions and evening entertainment s of all kinds.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Holiday

"There is also adults only holidays "Warners"  they have holiday sites all over ther country and as far as I am aware lay on daily excursions and evening entertainment s of all kinds". wink

We are many,They are few
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Holiday

Thank you for the suggestions, I will certainly check them out.

And Devon is not too far away from me.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Holiday

@joe_bloggs* wrote:

"There is also adults only holidays "Warners"  they have holiday sites all over ther country and as far as I am aware lay on daily excursions and evening entertainment s of all kinds". wink

But of course I've never personally ever stayed at any open_mouth laughing

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent