Hi from Iceland.

18.jpghttp://www.itv.com/news/story/2014-08-18/risk-grows-of-another-volcanic-eruption-in-iceland/#earthqu...

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

Hi from Iceland.

Earthquakes near Iceland volcano 'biggest felt in years' People in Iceland have been warned to be "on their toes" as fears grow of another major volcanic eruption in the country. Vidir Reynisson, department manager at the Civil Protection Agency in Iceland, said the latest round of earthquakes had been the most intense felt in the region for many years.
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi from Iceland.

It hasn't erupted yet.  But if it did erupt and got through 700m of glacier, then the wind (thanks to hurricane Bertha) is blowing straight from Iceland, right over the UK and down to the Canaries...  

The dots are earthquakes. There have been 1500 (mostly very small ones) in the last 48 hours.

Iceland quakes las 48 hrs.JPG

Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi from Iceland.

I blame Kerry Katona.

Mister EMB

Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi from Iceland.

Iceland definitely have a problem holding on to things beginning with the letter "M"............Magma.........Money............

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi from Iceland.

Iceland's Bardarbunga volcano alert raised to orange 19 August 2014 Last updated at 15:29 BST The risk of an eruption at Iceland's Bardarbunga volcano has increased, after a series of earthquakes in the region. The risk level to the aviation industry has been raised to orange, the second-highest level.
Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi from Iceland.

Another Eyjafjallajokull? Airlines on alert as Iceland's largest volcano threatens to erupt and create chaos for air travellers Intense earthquake swarm detected under the Bardarbunga volcano Icelandic Meteorological Office raised aviation alert to second-highest level Geologists warn the Icelandic volcano is close to erupting Eyjafjallajokull volcano erupted in 2010, causing massive disruptions Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2728782/Another-Eyjafjallajokull-Airlines-aler...
Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi from Iceland.

.12.jpg

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi from Iceland.

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2014-08-23/iceland-issues-red-alert-for-bardarbunga-volcano/

..Iceland issues red alert for Bardarbunga volcano Iceland has issued a red alert to the aviation industry for the Bardarbunga volcano, meaning eruption is imminent or in progress. The country's civil protection agency ordered an evacuation on Thursday after "increased seismic activity" at the country's largest volcanic system.
Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi from Iceland.

27 MINUTES AGO Virgin Atlantic flight diverted over Iceland volcano A flight from London Heathrow to San Francisco was rerouted away from the Bardarbunga volcano in Iceland as a "precautionary measure", after it began erupting, a Virgin Atlantic spokesman has said. Safety and security is always our top priority. All other Virgin Atlantic flights continue to operate as normal, but we are advising all customers to visit our website for the latest information. We continue to closely monitor the situation and we are in ongoing dialogue with all of the relevant authorities. – VIRGIN ATLANTIC
Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi from Iceland.

entertainment-cheryl_cole-coles-ash_cloud-icelandic_volcano-iceland-pmnn44_low.jpg

We are many,They are few
Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi from Iceland.

Cole (is) Dust.Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi from Iceland.

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2014-08-24/risk-to-aviation-from-iceland-volcano-downgraded-a-level/         23 MINUTES AGO

Some 500 earthquakes hit Iceland volcano within hours

Around 500 earthquakes have rocked a rumbling volcano in Iceland since midnight, adding to fears that an eruption could be sparked at any moment.

The country has issued an orange aviation alert - the second highest - warning of possible disruption to air traffic should the Bardarbunga volcano blow.

Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi from Iceland.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28977773  

ice cap in central Iceland Continue reading the main story Related Stories Iceland examines volcano 'cauldrons' Concerns grow over Iceland volcano Big earthquake near Iceland volcano The Icelandic Met Office has raised its aviation warning level near the Bardarbunga volcano to red after an eruption began overnight. Scientists said a fissure eruption 1km (0.6 miles) long started in a lava field north of the Vatnajokull glacier. Civil protection officials said Icelandic Air Traffic Control had closed the airspace above the eruption up to a height of 5,000ft (1,500m). The volcano has been hit by several recent tremors. The fissure eruption took place between Dyngjujokull Glacier and the Askja caldera, a statement from the Department of Civil Protection said. The area is part of the Bardabunga system.
Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent