Help!!!

Hi all.

I've got a problem that needs fixing. Maybe one of you clever people can sort it for me.

For some unknown reason, I seem to have hit some kind of button which has made reports appear in my e-mail account of all the posts being reported on one of the posts on RT. Now, every time I open my Hotmail account, I get between 10 and 20 messages.

Anybody got any idea on how I can turn it off.

Ta very much

Stevie..

Message 1 of 20
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Help!!!

I forgot to put the first bit!

go to:-

'my settings' >>> Subscriptions & Bookmarks >>> Notification Settings 

and reset everything back to how you want it.

Then choose the  Personal Profile tab and tick the don't email me box.

Message 13 of 20
See Most Recent
19 REPLIES 19

Help!!!

Smiley Happyclick little pick next to your name go to  settings

notifications and look there

back after emmerdale

Petal
Message 2 of 20
See Most Recent

Help!!!

Untitled.png

Message 3 of 20
See Most Recent

Help!!!

Smiley Very Happy

Petal
Message 4 of 20
See Most Recent

Help!!!

@blackburn_stevie wrote:

Hi all.

I've got a problem that needs fixing. Maybe one of you clever people can sort it for me.

For some unknown reason, I seem to have hit some kind of button which has made reports appear in my e-mail account of all the posts being reported on one of the posts on RT. Now, every time I open my Hotmail account, I get between 10 and 20 messages.

Anybody got any idea on how I can turn it off.

Ta very much

Stevie..

Clever people? Well that obviously wont be me. But I will try, and then get back if I do.

Hi, Steve, how are you, and Maggie, and doggy?  Long time no see.  Now then some tea and cakes for you later.

Mum sends her love...........

004.JPG

Message 5 of 20
See Most Recent

Help!!!

Right then, Petal. I tried clicking the picture but there was no mention of "settings" etc, so no joy there.

But thanks for trying.

Stevie

Message 6 of 20
See Most Recent

Help!!!

Brandname ...... I tried your method but with the same results.

Still no joy but at least I have about 25 emails extra that I don't need. lol.

Thanks to you also.

Stevie

Message 7 of 20
See Most Recent

Help!!!

Hi Mere,

I must admit to flogging a dead horse when I tried to fix it myself so I thought that maybe a bit of flattery may not be wasted, lol

But you never know. Maybe solving my problem, or one just like it, is something that you had done yourself just in the last few days.

Ah, well. Not to worry.

Cheers all,

Stevie.

ps ....... I'll be back at lunctime (or just after) to see if there are any updates.

pps ..... Mere ...... Say "Thank you" to Mumsie for me. She's looking well. lol

Message 8 of 20
See Most Recent

Help!!!

Steve, I had the same problem, I've just done what brandname said and it worked.

Message 9 of 20
See Most Recent

Help!!!

Smiley Very Happy

. .

photo steve.gif

Petal
Message 10 of 20
See Most Recent

Help!!!

Some time ago the same thing happened to me, Steve. My inbox would be swamped with reminders from threads I'd never even read, let alone contributed to. They were even coming from other forums, FH&G, Community, etc. Performing the actions in the above screenshot (Brandname's), and clicking 'save' made no difference what-so-ever. (The 'Do not email me' field was already un-ticked, anyway).

In the end, and in sheer desperation, I passed the annoyance over to Alan, to see if he could sort it out. Don't know what he did but having ran the problem past him.....Voila ! No more emails. If you fail to solve it yourself Steve, email Alan.

I put it down to the proverbial 'gremlins'.

Mister EMB

Message 11 of 20
See Most Recent

Help!!!

Maybe try again Steve?

Brandname's advice in this thread worked for me:

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/eBay-UK-Community/Subscriptions-Notifications-Help-Please/m-p/4295354...

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 12 of 20
See Most Recent

Help!!!

I forgot to put the first bit!

go to:-

'my settings' >>> Subscriptions & Bookmarks >>> Notification Settings 

and reset everything back to how you want it.

Then choose the  Personal Profile tab and tick the don't email me box.

Message 13 of 20
See Most Recent

Help!!!

I switched mine off at the beginning of the month using brandname's method and I haven't had any emails since.

Message 14 of 20
See Most Recent

Help!!!

I had the same thing a few weeks ago.

But it stopped after a few days, so probably just a gremlin

My advice is Dont Twiddle, and see if it stops on its own in a few days.

Photobucket
Message 15 of 20
See Most Recent

Help!!!

Hello again,

I just got back online about 10 minutes ago. I went to Hotmail and found the usual 20+ emails from eBay so the snag is still there. Then I came on here and read the last few posts. I followed Brandname's answer as best I could and, to be honest, it all made perfect sense once he put the links in.  Anyway, all I need to do now is wait until tomorrow to see if there are any more mails.

Ta very much one and all but especially to brandname.

Mere ........ Aggie and I plus manky-dog are all well and good

Thanks for asking, lol

Stevie

Message 16 of 20
See Most Recent

Help!!!

Hope it's worked, 

I is a girlie tho' not a 'he'

Message 17 of 20
See Most Recent

Help!!!

Oooop, Sorry Darlin'.

BTW.Is i just m r h Bay got  habit of making live difficult?

I just tried to honour 'er Ladyship with a Kudos remark for solving my problem but I got this ........

Error
Sorry. We're currently experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to complete the process at this time.

Here's a thought ...... Are the eBay wizards able to look down my webcam, see who's typing and decide whether to post the message or not, depending on how they feel.

I'm off until tonight now.
Take care all,
Stevie
Message 18 of 20
See Most Recent

Help!!!

At the top of the post ..you see OPTIONS.. click on it and unscribe from the thread your on ..its in the right Hand corner..
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 19 of 20
See Most Recent

Help!!!

Hello again you wonderful gang of Peeps,

I followed the advice from earlier after after copying the post that started with "Oooops; I forgot the first bit" (or similar) and the dreaded posts have disappeared from Hotmail.

Good Job, Guys

ps..... I don't know if Tommy's idea would have worked or not. I never got round to using it. But thanks anyway.

Message 20 of 20
See Most Recent