Having another go at dentures

Havent had teeth for years since not getting on with the dentures I got on NH

I am now having them done private, and they are very thorough.

First visit was a consultation, the had impression done on next visit, and today they had a prototype of both top and bottom

Took an hour of in and out, file a bit here and there, then another impression.

Next visit, they are measuring my face to see how far my cheeks and mouth need to come out.

Then I having a CT scan, then a couple of implant to support bottom denture.

Will take months to get right, but will be worth it in the end.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

PhotobucketVery Pleased For You Mustard

Petal
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Morning Mustard.....just read your post, and I feel for you!! I too have a small dental plate with just two teeth, and over the years I have battled with NHS and private dentists. For the past ten years I have paid privately too, and I deal with the dental technician directly. He does the job exactly how I want it done....worth every penny. The only thing I can say is, when you get your teeth, don't take them out! It only takes a day or two for them to 'bed in' and become more comfortable. Perseverance is the key word. Good luck, and I hope you love your new Film star smile! Xx

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Its all going to cost about £6000 but decided to go ahead as I will eventually have my share from the sale of our parents house.

Thought I may as well use some of it for something  that will make me feel better.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent