FOR A POOR OLD COW ???

Man Surprised

In North Tyneside-

Police scrambled dozens of officers, 20 vehicles, a helicopter and six marksman to gun down one bewildered cow ambling along the street.  Not that long ago at Wanstead Flats East London, for many years hundreds roamed free, and not one attack was ever heard of.  And that was despite them often wandering into gardens.

As if a tranquiliser shot would not have been appropriate. The poor cow jumped a fence to escape a dog. And what a surprise - a little man wanted his moment of glory. Disgusting that these drooling halfwits are given guns so readily.

A candle light vigil is planned.  And good luck to them.   See attachment, if you wish to see the cow that was shot.

Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

FOR A POOR OLD COW ???

I've never heard anything so ridiculous, for a cow.

Yes, it's a shame it had to be killed, but there are thousands of cows and other animals slaughtered every day.

Are we to hold vigils for every one of them.

Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

FOR A POOR OLD COW ???

@marg*e wrote:

I've never heard anything so ridiculous, for a cow.

Yes, it's a shame it had to be killed, but there are thousands of cows and other animals slaughtered every day.

Are we to hold vigils for every one of them.

It did not have to be killed. That is the whole point of their argument. 

'Are we to hold vigils for everyone'  Oh come on was it necessary to ask that?  And me to answer that? This is a ''specific'' hopefully one off incident. 

20-VEHICLES! As if they could not have blocked a road with her in.  Many options were not taken. Things like that have upset these people.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

FOR A POOR OLD COW ???

There is a readiness in this country to kill animals whenever they appear to be causing a 'problem'. Be it foxes, badgers, deer, mink...out come the animal assassins. It's appalling, and doesn't show us in a very good light. I haven't watched the link, but I am imagining what happened. And Mere is quite right...a tranquilliser dart could have been used. But of course...it's only a cow.
What's going to happen when this country is totally overcrowded with people, and problems start to arise....will the assassins come out and begin to kill a few off? Killing is the easy option.
Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

FOR A POOR OLD COW ???

They are just starving the human problem to death as its a waste of money and bullets to shoot them. As for the cow ,I have never seen anything so pathetic,once we watched police helping rescuers and helicopters rescuing sheep and cows from cliff tops and ponds ,now we have a very scary situation as mere is pointing out ,a pillock with a gun is a pillock with a gun.

Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

FOR A POOR OLD COW ???

I guess some people have never been faced with a spooked cow?

A tranquiliser doesn't work straight away and the effect of the dart hitting home usually makes an animal take off like a........... mad cow. In "the wild" or in farmland that may be OK up to a point but the animal has to be "tracked" until it finally collapses.

In a built up area, a cow which is already spooked will react wildly and when it does, it's bound to "hit" something or someone.

In all the circumstances, they did the right thing.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

FOR A POOR OLD COW ???

How different this incident was to the one I witnessed on one of the many police reality programmes on TV. About six cows had escaped  through a gap in the fence from a nearby farm and were wandering up a motorway during the night. Police were on the scene and having a great laugh while they held up the traffic trying to get them back where they belong. The farmer eventually came onto the scene and joined in the fun trying to get them back. No shots were fired and no armed police were present.

Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

FOR A POOR OLD COW ???

Totally different scenario, the cows were contained, the traffic stopped, no gardens, no pedestrians around and the cows weren't spooked.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 8 of 16
See Most Recent

FOR A POOR OLD COW ???

@cee-dee wrote:

I guess some people have never been faced with a spooked cow?

A tranquiliser doesn't work straight away and the effect of the dart hitting home usually makes an animal take off like a........... mad cow. In "the wild" or in farmland that may be OK up to a point but the animal has to be "tracked" until it finally collapses.

In a built up area, a cow which is already spooked will react wildly and when it does, it's bound to "hit" something or someone.

In all the circumstances, they did the right thing.

In ALL the circumstances?

Was YOU there ''hopalong cassidy''? A photographer for the paper arrived just a little late as Bessie had just been shot. The crowds told him that many people had been stroking her just before they decided to shoot her dead. 

Tranquiiiser's can be administered in other ways. The clue is people had been stroking and patting her. And she was even taking portions of food.  ALL circumstances?  If you did?  Look at that picture in my attacment again. Go on force your self.  At least she wasn't spooked by YOU.

Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

FOR A POOR OLD COW ???

Hi all,

This thread is getting a little heated. Please feel free to share your own opinions, but avoid hostile comments.

I would like to remind everyone that hostile comments are against our Board Usage Policy and Community Values.

Thanks!

daniel.pi

Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

FOR A POOR OLD COW ???

It's not a very clear picture.

All I can see is a cow on the road and some cars.

http://gawker.com/r-i-p-bessie-the-cow-british-bovine-shot-dead-by-poli-1705998695

Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

FOR A POOR OLD COW ???

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmm..................maybe some people should join the police. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

FOR A POOR OLD COW ???

Hi harry, there are no need for offensive posts, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if it doesn't gree with the OPs.

I suspect the truth of what happened is somewhere between the tales.

I can only conclude they're all mad on Tyneside.Woman Surprised

Message 13 of 16
See Most Recent

FOR A POOR OLD COW ???

@cee-dee wrote:

Totally different scenario, the cows were contained, the traffic stopped, no gardens, no pedestrians around and the cows weren't spooked.

Steady on cee-dee, don't go getting yer keyboard all steamed up! giggle.gif

Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

FOR A POOR OLD COW ???

@marg*e wrote:

It's not a very clear picture.

All I can see is a cow on the road and some cars.

http://gawker.com/r-i-p-bessie-the-cow-british-bovine-shot-dead-by-poli-1705998695

That link is YOUR link. Not mine.  And reading those mostly ghastly ''comments'' on YOUR link says it all IMO.

I posted an ''attachment'' which showed only a picture of Bessie and some cars.  Without those ghastly comments.

And I  said ''IF'' they want to see her?

That is the ''difference''.

Thank you.   Hopefully I  might be back tomorrow.

Message 15 of 16
See Most Recent

FOR A POOR OLD COW ???

Hi All,

As this topic remains to be pretty heated after Daniel's warning, we will now be closing it.

If anyone had anything further to discuss, please feel free to start a new topic.

Zhainius
The Ebay forum moderation team

Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent