Do you ever flash?

On my way home this evening a car turned ahead of me from a side road and as it approached first flashed the headlights then put them on full beam. I pulled over to see if there was a problem with my lights but they were fine. I swapped from auto lights to manual but that made no difference. I carried on but the thought came to me that this had happened on a few occasions and with different vehicles. So are car headlights too strong, do you get blinded or is it just me going round annoying other drivers?

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

Do you ever flash?

Was the car approaching you maybe going over a bump on his side of the road? One that you couldn't see .

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

Do you ever flash?

i feel that alot of cars out there have very bright lights.i have been dazzled several times but you know there lights are on dipped..

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Do you ever flash?

Yes he was approaching but the road has recently been fully resurfaced so it is quite smooth for now.

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

Do you ever flash?

I'm wondering if as you get older lights seem brighter,a lot of people seem to need reactalite lenses regardless if it is sunny.

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

Do you ever flash?

not in this weather glassessorry

have your light checked in garage they may have slipped and be set to high

Petal
Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

Do you ever flash?

Do you have beam height adjustment on your headlights? Mine have three settings, maybe yours are set too high.

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

Do you ever flash?

RTP I'm shocked  

The lights were checked recently and were fine

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

Do you ever flash?

I do JD used if towing but I never do and the switch is on the normal setting.

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

Do you ever flash?

I drive for a living and must say some of the more modern cars do have headlights that are too bright and some even have boosters to increase the intensity of light.

On my wagon even unladen I set the lights a bit lower with the adjustment because I feel they are a bit too bright and could blind other drivers.

When I went to read this thread I thought it was going to be about using headlights too flash messages to other drivers as we wagon drivers are prone to do to each other.

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Do you ever flash?

When I was on the road a lot It was interesting to see the way so many were aware of each other and drove consistently including the use of hazards to acknowledge courtesy etc. I do agree that the newer xenon type lights give off a beam which is much whiter however in country lanes it can be a god send. I wonder if it is more a matter of the dark suddenly being interupted by these lights and the reaction of tired eyes.

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

Do you ever flash?

The new Headlights on cars are causing problems for loads of people

Google is full of complaints, I searched for

'Are new car headlights too bright'

pages & pages of them

I do think they glare, if wet it is even worse

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

Do you ever flash?

There have been plenty of petitions on-line to outlaw these ghastly xenon / bi-xenon inventions, but nothing has ever came of them. Still they come. These contraptions are a menace to both motorists and to pedestrians alike. Harsh, glaring, dazzling, and blinding. The thing that surprises me though, is that the monstrosities ever got past Health & Safety in the first place.

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent