Desperately seeking a home for a horse.

Hello all,

My horsey sister has reared this horse and trained it to sell on but it is not selling.

She is in desperate need of a home for it as she can no longer afford to keep it, Her financial situation has changed and she cannot affor d the rent on the land and cannot afford to feed it or the vets bills when ever they arise.

She is desperately trying to find it a home and is willing to even give it away if someone is willing to give it a home permanently.

Does anyone know of anywhere around the country of such a place, the horse would have to be collected as my sister now has no way of transporting it as she has had to sell her horse box.

I do know the poster creeky at one time had dealings with a horse maybe if you are around creeky you may know of such a place.

I would be most grateful for any help at all, many thanks.

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

FD - that's very sad 😞

I don't know of any rescue centres that have places at the moment but it may be worthwhile your sister contacting World Horse Welfare on 01953 497238.

They are the UK's largest rescue centre and they will also work with owners to try and keep a horse with them - if they can't help they may be able to point your sister in the right direction.

I wish I was in a position to offer some practical help but I'm physically, (and financially), unable to do so at the moment - we are currently 'looking after' four horses.

If your sister does end up giving her horse away then please do try and make sure it is going to a home that will look after it - there are some real horror stories surrounding horse that are given away 😞

Message 2 of 37
See Most Recent

Where is the horse, roughly...not trying to pinpoint exactly. I just need an idea how far to travel give or take a few miles...not for me, but I know a man who might, depending on distance. Probably too far, but just checking before I mention it.
Message 3 of 37
See Most Recent

@upthecreekyetagain wrote:

FD - that's very sad 😞

I don't know of any rescue centres that have places at the moment but it may be worthwhile your sister contacting World Horse Welfare on 01953 497238.

They are the UK's largest rescue centre and they will also work with owners to try and keep a horse with them - if they can't help they may be able to point your sister in the right direction.

I wish I was in a position to offer some practical help but I'm physically, (and financially), unable to do so at the moment - we are currently 'looking after' four horses.

If your sister does end up giving her horse away then please do try and make sure it is going to a home that will look after it - there are some real horror stories surrounding horse that are given away 😞

Many many thanks creeky, I appreciate any help you are able to offer.

I will certainly pass on the number, and please rest assured that if it does come to the horse being given away then my sister will make sure it will go to a very good home.

It is an extremely sad situation, and I know a very stressful one for my sister as the poor animal still has to be looked after and she is not the sort to neglect it. I am afraid I am not a horsey person at all and finances and health would not allow me to help in a practical way either.

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

@******lynda****** wrote:
Where is the horse, roughly...not trying to pinpoint exactly. I just need an idea how far to travel give or take a few miles...not for me, but I know a man who might, depending on distance. Probably too far, but just checking before I mention it.

Hi lynda,

Thanks for replying, The horse is in the Worcestershire area.

I'm in Gloucestershire and have several 'horsey' neighbours who may possibly be interested. Some details would be a help eg age of horse, temperament, perhaps a pic. Not promising anything but I can certainly ask around.

Could you post a link to where the horse is being advertised for sale?

Message 6 of 37
See Most Recent

@jd.linklater wrote:

I'm in Gloucestershire and have several 'horsey' neighbours who may possibly be interested. Some details would be a help eg age of horse, temperament, perhaps a pic. Not promising anything but I can certainly ask around.

I'll do my best to come up with the relevant information, thank you jd.  xx

@jd.linklater wrote:

I've managed to get some information about the horse. I shall just write it as a list, as I am not a horsey person. my sister will email me a picture if she can find a decent one and I will post it as soon as.

1. The horse is 8 years old

2. The horse is 14.3 Hh

3. Very kind and gentle natured

4. Is a pacer

5. A happy hacker

6. Not ridden for about a year

7. Only canters on the right reign

8. Has 2 different trots.

The horse is not at present up for sale on any websites but my sister is going to re advertise this week.

Forum, I just posted on your thread in FHG - that's going to be too far for my folks (they don't have a box either) but I will ask about (relatives in Herefordshire) and see if they know anyone who can help.  That's also a good potential size for Pony Club, if there's some young people around...

Message 9 of 37
See Most Recent

xx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 10 of 37
See Most Recent

@hefzi wrote:

Forum, I just posted on your thread in FHG - that's going to be too far for my folks (they don't have a box either) but I will ask about (relatives in Herefordshire) and see if they know anyone who can help.  That's also a good potential size for Pony Club, if there's some young people around...

Many thanks, most appreciated.

The furhter afield we go the more people will get to know he is available.  xxx

Sorry about her up there ^^^^^^^^^^ I thought I was signed in on FD id xx

My sister has sent me a picture of the lovely chap.

IMG_0019.JPG

Hi fd, my closest friend has a sister whose life is with horses. She lives around the Tenbury wells area which is close. I can call my friend to contact her sister with the info if you would like.
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 13 of 37
See Most Recent

@suzieseaside wrote:
Hi fd, my closest friend has a sister whose life is with horses. She lives around the Tenbury wells area which is close. I can call my friend to contact her sister with the info if you would like.

Thank you suzieseaside xxx

@**forum-decorum** wrote:

My sister has sent me a picture of the lovely chap.

Beautiful looking animal, is it a gelding? I only ask because I'm sure any interested parties will ask the same.

Message 15 of 37
See Most Recent

Mmmm, I have no idea, my sis hasn't said whether he is or he isn't. I will have to ask her and post the info. I do have to admit to having to look up what a gelding was as well, lol.

Ok FD, as soon as I know I'll start asking around. I don't think transport will be a issue, the people I ask will all have their own horseboxes, and it's less than an hour to Worcester from my place so distance shouldn't be a problem.

Message 17 of 37
See Most Recent

Yes he is a gelding, and his name is Ryan. Xx

Thanks FD, will start putting the word around. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 37
See Most Recent

@jd.linklater wrote:

Thanks FD, will start putting the word around. Smiley Happy

Many thanks to you too.

Thanks to all of you xx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++