Dear Leader...

So Labour, the Lib Dems, and UKIP are now without leaders.

Who would you like to see as their respective leaders, and do you think they'll be any good?

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

Dear Leader...

It would appear that  Nigel Farage might be planning to stand again in the leadership election in September. He's already been jostled by the crowds, punched in the face and surrounded by police who hurriedly hid him away inside a pub ~ which delighted him. Seems a devil for punishment.  As for the other two parties, well I wouldn't hazard a guess.

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

Dear Leader...

A bus load of politicians was traveling down a country road when, all of a sudden, the bus ran off the road and crashed into a tree in an old farmer's field. The old farmer, after seeing what happened, went over to investigate. He then proceeded to dig a hole and bury the politicians. A few days later the local sheriff came out, saw the crashed bus, and asked the farmer where all the politicians had gone. The old farmer said he had buried them. The sheriff then asked the old farmer, "Seriously.. Were they ALL dead..?" The old farmer replied, "Well, some of them said they weren't, but you know how them Politicians lie."

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Dear Leader...

The Lib Dems....they are dead in the water. They can have as many leader changes as they like...it won't make a scrap of difference. It's their policies they need to change, not their leader. They might want to have a word with UKIP.....they seem to be pulling in the votes! 😄 As for Labour..there's not one shining light among the lot of them.
Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Dear Leader...

Must admit to being very disheartened watching the results coming in,but one thing cheered me up:

enhanced-21008-1431060890-3.png

The ginger rodent was more Tory than Osborne

We are many,They are few
Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

Dear Leader...

@bill-xxx wrote:

It would appear that  Nigel Farage might be planning to stand again in the leadership election in September.

Yes, I suspect that'll be the case, which he'll probably win. Although he's said he's not going to stand, I think Carswell would make a better leader. He may not be as effective as Farage in blowing dogwhistles, but it would be more fitting for a supposed "libertarian" party to be led by a libertarian, and not an authoritarian demagogue who calls the police because someone took the mickey out of them on Have I Got News For You..

@astrologica wrote:
The LibDems....they are dead in the water. They can have as many leader changes as they like...it won't make a scrap of difference. It's their policies they need to change, not their leader. They might want to have a word withUKIP.....they seem to be pulling in the votes!😄 As for Labour..there's not one shining light among the lot of them.

I don't think the Lib Dems are "dead in the water". They still have 8 MPs (8x UKIP), as well as control 4 Councils (4x UKIP) with 603 cllrs (UKIP have 195).  UKIP may be ahead in the popular vote, but that is meaningless if they can't convert this into seats under a FPTP system.  Lib Dems are now the opposition in several Tory/LD marginals, so I'd think they could quite easily reclaim these on 2020. UKIP also relied heavily on Tory defections to gain traction, and following what's happened to Reckless, I doubt many will be willing to make that jump now. Besides, UKIP's support base is comparised largely of pensioners, and barring a Cocoon-like discovery in Tendring, time is not on their side...

@joe_bloggs* wrote:

Must admit to being very disheartened watching the results coming in,but one thing cheered me up:

The ginger rodent was more Tory than Osborne

Yeah, some LDs were indistinguishable from the Tories. Unless Farron is their next leader, this may remain. The unfortunate situation is with Scotland as it is now, it's difficult to remove the Tories from power without Lib Dem reclaiming seats in the South West. Two things the Lib Dems did do in govt was block the Snooper's Charter and Constituency Boundary Redrawing - which the Tories can now push through.

As for Labour, I doubt it would happen, but if Dan Jarvis became their next leader, I think we'd be saying cheerio to the Tories in 2020: http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/03/war-westminster-labours-dan-jarvis-future-prime-ministe...

One of Labour's problems is outside London & other cities they're often seen as a bunch of "out of touch" Islingtonites, as well as having to fight the Daily Afraid machine in terms of image. I mean, the fact Miliband was often seen both as a "Red Tory" in Scotland, but a Communist in England, shows the press are still powerful in reinforcing & shaping opinion. Murdoch, Desmond, the Rothermeres etc would have a tough task in trying to smear a "war hero" from up Norf.

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

Dear Leader...

It's completely irrelevant; Labour and the Tories have rigged the voting system game so it'll always be one very bad joke or another. The most amusing aspect of it being when sheeple actually deem it a democracy.

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

Dear Leader...

It would appear that Nigel Farage might be planning to stand again in the leadership election in September. He's already been jostled by the crowds, punched in the face and surrounded by police who hurriedly hid him away inside a pub ~ which delighted him. Seems a devil for punishment.

Its called Integirty , standing up for what you beleive , saying what you think should be said , especially in the face of the "mob" , with their "bread and circuses "agenda 

I been 12 years on ebay and had 1000's of sales and I trust people more than ever now
Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

Dear Leader...

It's completely irrelevant; Labour and the Tories have rigged the voting system game so it'll always be one very bad joke or another. The most amusing aspect of it being when sheeple actually deem it a democracy.

Well what is "democracy " and where in the world is it practised ?

I been 12 years on ebay and had 1000's of sales and I trust people more than ever now
Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Dear Leader...

One of Labour's problems is outside London & other cities they're often seen as a bunch of "out of touch" Islingtonites, as well as having to fight the Daily Afraid machine in terms of image. I mean, the fact Miliband was often seen both as a "Red Tory" in Scotland, but a Communist in England, shows the press are still powerful in reinforcing & shaping opinion. Murdoch, Desmond, the Rothermeres etc would have a tough task in trying to smear a "war hero" from up Norf.

Thats true , Labour is seen as "Red Tories " in Scotland , "there not a fag paper between them " etc , indeed Miliband and Balls , did advocate a deficit reduction programme a bit "slower " , than what the  Blue Tories are going to exceute .

We have already had a Coaltion version of "austerity ",   and we all seem to have survived , 

Scotland is pretty much like most of the UK outside London , a post industrial economy propped up by large public sector spend and a fair % of "economically inactive " .

So all public sector cuts threaten them directly , hence the surge towards SNP , advocating more borrowing and less pain .

(except for the private sector , the self employed , they can like it or  lump it ) 

As a Scots Tory , I am absolutely delighted by the GE , the party has the mandate to finish the job ,  cut the bone , introduce workfare , and have a debate on Europe .

Meanwhile the SNP will have to raise their own tax , and apportion failry amongst the  people , 1. 6 million Scots voted for independence , we will soon see how many want to do more work and pay more tax , to pay for it .

Will go down like a lead balloon in the "YES" strongholds . of Dundee and Glasgow , or as I call them the "Favelas ".

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Dear Leader...

Government borrowing ,is the crime of democracy,no government has spent the amount it's borrowed on it's electorate so where did it go ? A tory scot seems like a good person to hazard a guess . I know so I eagerly await (not with held breath) an answer...and if the answer comes forthwith, then being a tory scot seems to be a bit of a confused state to be in.

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

Dear Leader...

ps,books Dan Jarvis is a good choice.

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

Dear Leader...

Government borrowing ,is the crime of democracy,no government has spent the amount it's borrowed on it's electorate so where did it go ? A tory scot seems like a good person to hazard a guess . I know so I eagerly await (not with held breath) an answer...and if the answer comes forthwith, then being a tory scot seems to be a bit of a confused state to be in.

What figures are you referring to , Govt expenditure ? please provide the link to the actual source figures and I will explain it for you 

Please dont refer to any "Guardian article " , or any blogs , Facebook pages , or workers cooperatives , subscribed to by those baord lefties , Joe Bloggs and Bookhunter .

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Dear Leader...

Ok will do later papko,and thanks for reply ,also no I won't use a source of leftie righty mongering,but my jist is, when Thatcher took power no government borrowing via gov bonds (ie you will work the debt off) existed,only borrowing for (whatever) ie accountable as it was from the tax pot (ie not the governments money) .

Under Thatcher and continued by Blair was this imaginary borrow off who you like ,use the tax pot for whatever you deem fit and those voting scrotes will pay it back (with interest of course) . As you know, this amounted to a rich country of wealth becoming a debt riddled skint pickle tin.

Now being a  Scot/Englishman /woman /person/French fella even a proud one is all perfect with me ,being an honest ,trustworthy type is also cool (people have died since year dot defending real values) but as Thatcher (a tory) started the whole thing in the disguise of hard working morals (not that many other predecessors of 'THE tory were far behind in the me first stakes) then just because the Tory value (and that aint so bad) is brandished about as the right thing to do after years of theft,does not mean any of this shower are actually any less thieves than the 2 predecessors.

Sooooooo government borrowing OFF banks and odd super rich dudes for your slavery is not gov spending /borrowing off tax payers as the voice of what tax payers want is it ..its outright abuse at yours mine and every other poor sod yet to be born expense in a 'US' THEM world they are creating with your vote . 

What is this vast borrowing being spent on ? salaries ? mad schemes ? war mongering ? or childrens futures,tax relief, starving world etc .

In any case unless your answer fits in the (there is a tax pot we watch with care and we truly spend it wisely on the making everything bright and beautiful for all you little children) then its abusive dictatorship whatever name you want to add in front of your proud nationality ,so adding I am a Tory scot seems confused to me, unless there 'is' a tax pot thats got money in it and not iou's that you may know about ? 

........anyway to find your figs on gov borrowing off who and for what,coming asap 🙂

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

Dear Leader...

Footnote to Books ...I never had you down as a leftie, more a radical 🙂

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent