Boxing Day sales .................

are reported to be down again, the third year in a row.

Last year my wife and I decided to only buy a couple of small gifts each to open on Christmas morning and give each other money to go to the sales. My wife decided on some new clothes (surprise surprise lol) and we compared the price from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day and she got 50% more for her money on Boxing Day. Now these were every day clothes nothing special like Christmas jumpers etc, so I ask why do the shops not try and keep lower prices and this might generate more shoppers to the shops instead of hiking prices and putting people off buying until the sales !

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Hi

Boxing Day sales may become a thing of the past.     Most of the larger retail stores around here, this year,  started their "Boxing day sale" a few days before Christmas.

A couple of years ago my hubby wanted a certain make leather Jacket from a very large High Street retailer.   He decided to wait to see if it was reduced in the Boxing day sales.    It was reduced by 25%.    Cool he thought, until he looked at the price tag.    Even taking the 25% off it was still £5 dearer than he could have purchased it for pre sale.     I questioned this with a member of staff to be told the ones in the sale were new stock of the same item.................hmmmmmmm

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Seems a bit dodgy to me that one !

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

I have my eye on a coat for myself at the min.  it has 20% off.    They may reduce it further in a week or so.   Fingers crossed 🙂

Unfortunately this coat is a want and not a need .

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

I hope they do for your sake glyn, it is nice when you can get a bargain. Ah but when your other coat wears out you have the bargain one on hand to wear  wink

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Shirl   (Glyns wife) .  I tend to answer 90% on the Boards x  

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Well Shirl, the way to look at it is, if something happened to your other coat and you needed a new one, you would need to pay full price. Whereas you have already bought a standby coat at a bargain price and therefore saved money.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Can you tell that to my hubby please lol

His view is ......if you dont need it then it is not a bargain.   By the way the coat is £160..... 

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Ah but you do need it as an insurance policy ! If he drives he buys insurance for the car just in case of accidents so why should you not have a coat in hand in case of accidents !

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent