Boris?

We've all seen the furore over Boris and the row with his girlfriend?

It doesn't look good for something like that to be splashed all over "the media" whether it's a senior politician, a prospective PM or just "a normal member of the public"?

There's been much criticism of the neighbour who called the cops but if you just stop and think for a moment and forget that it was bonking Boris then consider how many times neighbours up and down the country have heard similar rows but did nothing only to find out later that one of the warring factions was found either severely injured or dead.

In calling the cops, the neigbours did the right thing. Sending a recording of the row to a newspaper is to be expected after such a thing involving someone in the public eye. I guess they were opportunistic? If you're making such a noise as to be heard by neighbours isn't it your own fault for doing that? You are after all disturbing "the peace"?

The subsequent hounding of Boris and his girlfriend and plastering the area around what was their home with posters by "activists" just isn't on though and the perpetrators should be "dealt with"?

What's your comments?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 39
See Most Recent
38 REPLIES 38

Boris?

Already said my comments in backstabbers thread
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 2 of 39
See Most Recent

Boris?

Yes, but that didn't cover all points in my OP???

Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 39
See Most Recent

Boris?

CD - No objection to a neighbour calling the cops but sending a recording to the Guardian when the cops found no problem, combined with boasting about giving Boris the finger previously smacks of nothing other than an opportunity for a stitch up and I think they deserve the criticism they have received.

I have mixed feelings about Boris and am disappointed by most politicians but I don't give a monkeys that he and his girlfriend had a flaming row. It happens.

The media and any opposition of course love it. The Independent published an entire article about male abuse in relation to this published row, even though none occurred.

One neighbour said he (Boris) sounded relatively calm and it was she that was doing all the shouting and screaming. Her ex implied she was pretty high maintenance and a nightmare when things are rocky.

In summary my opinion is that it is old news, a private issue and not in the public interest given that it was no more than a verbal domestic. While Penn's claims that he called the police because he feared for her safety are acceptable, his sending the recording immediately to the Guardian under some innocent pretence that it was the right thing to do is not (IMO) justified. I have no doubt that Penn and Leigh were rubbing their hands with smug glee when they sent that recording, hoping that it would do as much damage as possible. To some extent they succeeded but they must be pretty naïve to be surprised by the criticism they have received from some people. I hope the Guardian didn't pay them.
Message 4 of 39
See Most Recent

Boris?

Not sure how you envisage "dealing" with the perpetrators of nasty banners and posters. It happens all the time in our much divided country. Probably I would ignore it, no doubt it will stop now that Boris is not living there unless the banner waving lot want to continue to litter their neighbourhood with slogans which is bound to rile other people living in the area who don't hold their views.
Message 5 of 39
See Most Recent

Boris?

I agree with all of the above!!!
Message 6 of 39
See Most Recent

Boris?

2023.jpg

We are many,They are few
Message 7 of 39
See Most Recent

Boris?

Don't forget Joe he also said there should never be a Scottish PM and Scottish people, all 5 + million should be put in ghetto's and exterminated open_mouth. Not sure whether he meant by firing squad or the gas chamber? Who know's.Nice guy eh!

Message 8 of 39
See Most Recent

Boris?

grinning

We are many,They are few
Message 9 of 39
See Most Recent

Boris?

Thorny Emilyberry there showing us how to chew the cud when you don’t have your own teeth!
Message 10 of 39
See Most Recent

Boris?

It just gets worse. He could still lose farce of a race yet. A 4 year old could explain this much easier and we could easily say aye really mate PM aye!

https://twitter.com/talkRADIO/status/1143490460549287937

Message 11 of 39
See Most Recent

Boris?

Aye so we could, perhaps we should say the same about wee nippy, politics is a farce always will be until people stop being so selfish. Live and let live is my motto, have a nice day 😇
Message 12 of 39
See Most Recent

Boris?

PS I had you down as a foolscap

Message 13 of 39
See Most Recent

Boris?

As opposed to an A4 man
Message 14 of 39
See Most Recent

Boris?

Does he live here?:-

Image result for Dull sign

Live long and prosper.

Message 15 of 39
See Most Recent

Boris?

Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak or write and remove all doubt.

Take heid toady.wink

Message 16 of 39
See Most Recent

Boris?

Have you had a bang on the heed bhouyo or are you under the affluence of inkerhol again hen!
Message 17 of 39
See Most Recent

Boris?

Dunno if anyone follows The Secret Barrister,he's worth a read

"Don’t fall for Boris Johnson’s criminal justice con tricks":

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2019/08/13/dont-fall-for-boris-johnsons-criminal-justice-con-tricks/

We are many,They are few
Message 18 of 39
See Most Recent

Boris?

Yes I follow the SB, he used to make a lot of sense, now he has joined the queue of people demanding more funding for his chosen subject, if you had to prioritise where would you put additional funds and who would pay for it? Not the poor or sick or elderly/infirm, not those on zero hour contracts or on the basic minimum wage. There’s millions taken out of the equation, so do we expect only the fat cats to pay, because if so they will be really hard hit which is bound to have a knock on effect as money is taken out of the economy. If Corbyn has all the answers I will join you in seeking him an office, however he has never held a full time job in the real world, is that simply because he is too good?
Message 19 of 39
See Most Recent

Boris?

Governments new idea-putting knife warnings on chicken boxes !

skynews-home-office-chicken_4745660.jpg

Perhaps they should also put anti-racism messages on packs of gammon ? Smiley Frustrated

We are many,They are few
Message 20 of 39
See Most Recent