Blair: Don't blame me for Iraq delays.

Smiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

Tony Blair has rejected suggestions he is behind the delay to the Iraq Inquiry report, saying it would be ''far better'' for him if it was published. (better for himMan Wink)

The former Labour prime minister told the BBC that the publication would enable him to restate his case that the 2003 invasion was the ''right thing to do''. (the right thing to do?) LIKE HELL IT WAS.

He said he would be happy ( yes he wants to be happy) for his notes to President Bush to be made public.

Inquiry chairman Sir John Chilcot says there is ''there is no realistic prospect of publication before Mays election. 

Chilcot is blaming the delay in responses from those who have been criticized. I wonder who they are?Man Wink.

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

The report should have been published long before now, however whatever the reason for the delay now I don't believe now would be a good time for it to be published as it would just be used as a political football ahead of the general election.

Merry Everything & A Happy Always 🙂
Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

@angelah1847 wrote:

The report should have been published long before now, however whatever the reason for the delay now I don't believe now would be a good time for it to be published as it would just be used as a political football ahead of the general election.

And Fagin {sings} In this life, one thing counts/ In the bank, large amounts/ I'm afraid these don't grow on trees,/ You've got to pick-a-pocket or two, boys,  / You've got to pick-a-pocket or two.

What's that got to do with anything you might think?  Well...it does remind me of politiciansMan Wink

I do poetry, too, if you want to see like wot I rite? Say so. I'll write some out tomorrow.

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Political football?  -  good, get more people talking and involved then maybe they will actually go and vote.  I am tired of livingunder a succession of govenments with whom I do not agree(or even do agree) that have been elected on a miserably low turnout and therefore have been elected by a very small minority of the electorate.  The country may elect  a different government to the one I want and I have to live with that(democracy) but I would like it to be the country voting!

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

With his smarmy plastic smile and more blood on his hands them Pilot, he has a hell of a lot to answer for.  Smiley Mad Smiley MadSmiley Mad  He sold this country down the drain whose megalomania - love of power, is matched only by his love of money and property.    Thatcher may well have had her faults, but rightly or wrongly, she put the  GREAT back into Great Britain who wasn't prepared to let some third world nation walk all over us.

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

"Pilot"?😉
Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

Pilate - sorry, my spelling is abominable :smiley lol: Smiley LOL  Pontious Pilate, who betrayed our Saviour.  Washed his hands literally of the affair when condemning Christ to the cross.  

Blair did exactly the same: "I was acting on the advice of all my top men ..."  Refusing to take one ounce of responsibility for sending in our boys to be killed and maimed for absolutely no reason.  Had they found "Weapons of mass destruction" Blair would have, so medestly of course, have accepted a knighthood.

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

Thatcher has more than ''a lot to answer for'' she is responsible for Bliar ,bringing private shareholders into politics 'what did the country think was gonna happen to the tax pot when greed obsessed lunatics were put in charge ?  Blair the smarmy demon just followed mummy satans footsteps and emptied yours and your kids and their kids pot into his lawyers mates hands via legal aid for the world.

The report on Iraq is as relavent to nothing as match of the day (inquirery my a+") Have one on bank loans to govs.

Truth from Thatcher to now report is the one I want so my kids kids can throw up on the lot of em ....Politicians and the ilk wannabe's were always self serving greasy salesmen but that bitter and twisted baby laid the foundation for that slimey creep followed by this halfwit...We have all been sold off for a ladyship (well baronessship...had to be German didn't it ) for the next 6000 yrs...........

Maybe .

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

Yes JG, I blame Thatcher too. In fact I blame her for everything from the price of Kipper fillets, to the cost of the escalating bus and train fares. I even think she's responsible for this appalling weather. Horrid woman.

Mister EMB

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

No I dont think shes behind the weather ....its possible though..

She is totally responsible for everything wrong and corrupt with todays politics...she isnt unique in being a greedy politician with self at the helm or person come to that) ..but she was the one who set shareholders in your tax pot..full stop.

If you cannot see how that led down this road that many many people ( voters even) don't like ,agree with or want then seriously thats democracy for you 🙂

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Doesn't really matter when they bring the enquiry findings out.It will not be the truth anyway,they are all as corrupt as each other.

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

MPs have very very little to do until the Election, so the turnout for todays IRAQ inquiry debate, was an absolute disgrace, as well as a slap in the face for all those Brave Service personnel & their families, who paid the ultimate price or suffered serious injuries, because of BLiar & Bushes War crimes

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

I despised Blair then and I despise him even more now.......Total untrustworthy little worm.

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent