Bafta's

Just watched a bit of the bafta's and Stephen Fry's language was so foul I turned it off. If it's part of the films dialogue that's one thing, but Is it really necessary for the presenter of an awards ceremony to yell out the "F" word at the top of his voice from the stage. It seems so many people these days not only disrespect others but have no respect for themselves. I wasn't a particular fan of Stephen Fry, but I've gone RIGHT off him now.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Bafta's

he wo'nt get jailed for that eitherSmiley LOL

Petal
Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Bafta's

Same here......he was turned off in this house too. He has been described as a Polymath.....for someone who's knowledge is supposedly so extensive his language is incredibly basic and crude. It's a shame, because I imagine lots of people switched off and missed seeing the great Mr Redmayne receiving his well earned BAFTA. What a difference between them...one an extremely talented and charming actor, and the other a foul mouthed attention seeker.
Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Bafta's

I too found it to be a bit of a luvvy fest and inreadibly boring and turned it off and sadly missed Eddie Redmayne getting his award.  I just couldn't listen to Stephen Fry any more or watch the others trying to read their autocue and waiting for laughs that didn't happen, and David Beckam....................................why????????????

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Bafta's

I admire anyone who can sit through two hours (?) of those preening and postulating celebrities. And the endless, tedious, droning, sycophantic acceptance speeches, are enough to put years on you.

Mister EMB

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Bafta's

Firstly congratulations to The extraordinary Mr Smith, his phenomenal success here and in the States is worthy of celebration. As for Stephen Fry, he is talented enough not to have to resort to expletives, Yes Luvvies quite like to chuck a swear word in for effect but in reality there is a time and a place and this was neither,
Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Bafta's

Fallen Archie

When I first heard, 

'Stay with Me' by Sam Smith,a while ago (now voted best song of the year, at the 2015 Grammys)

It sounded so familiar.

I went online to hunt down who had did it originally - was surprised to hear He had 'wrote it' himself

Tom Petty and His Lawyers thought it was a bit too familiar as well

A secret out of court deal was done, last September, as Smiths side, offered no contest to Pettys claim.

a leak-- 'The settlement reportedly included a 12.5% writing credit to both Petty and singer-composer Jeff Lynne (of ELO fame). The song’s credit on ASCAP — that’s the American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers — now lists 'Smith, Petty, Lynne, and Jimmy Napes as the chief songwriters.'

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Bafta's

I watched it on the iplayer, so could scroll through the boring bits.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent