Anyone for Tea?

Some years ago when alternative teas and infusions first surfaced I tried a number of them, some I liked others I could find no attraction with. So I stuck to my Twinings breakfast tea, Then the Coffee franchises came along and whilst I enjoy a decent coffee I am not an Espresso fan. Recently I needed to reduce my caffein intake so once more I experimented with Infusions, dropping caffein has given me bad headaches and I cannot find a good alternative, any suggetsions? I am currently trying peppermint and nettle.

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

Anyone for Tea?

Hello

If you can get to a Neil's Yard shop then try these ones ( loose packets rather than tea bags) that are used as natural remedies for headaches:

• feverfew
  • skullcap
  • ginger
  • chamomile

Much better than over the counter prescribed headache tablet

I mix few of them & then drink them with some Agave ( substitute for sugar) & lovely indeed

Hope this helps Woman Happy

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

Anyone for Tea?

Thank you for that I am familiar with Neals Yard so that is worth knowing, will look into the agave as well. I use ginger often, it has great qualities as does Tumeric although the latter tastes pretty disgusting. 

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Anyone for Tea?

Ordinary black tea contains caffeine too. 

I love good strong coffee and probably drink too much.  But to reduce some caffeine intake I would recommend Rooibos / Redbush tea which I have drunk instead of black tea for years, and have converted several friends to it.  I like it because you can drink it with milk like ordinary tea and I find herbal teas don't really 'do it' for me.

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/beverage/health-benefits-of-red-rooibos-tea.html

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Anyone for Tea?

Thanks Suzie, My first encounter with Red bush was in Africa made by a lovely xhosa lady called Dinah it had condensed milk in it, I drank it out of politeness. I shall try again but without the additive.Man Happy

Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

Anyone for Tea?

Thats sounds disgusting.  Much nicer with a little semi-skimmed.

In my experience - from friends I converted to it, they only had to drink a couple before they decided they really liked it.  I think it has a brighter and more refreshing taste than black tea, and it has no tannins in it either.

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

Anyone for Tea?

Dropping caffeine does give rotten headaches. The easiest way is to ease off the caffeine..I cut out by a cup at a time over a couple of weeks...rather than go cold turkey.
The headaches will pass if you do the dead stop but it is a painful way to go.
Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

Anyone for Tea?

I've read the above posts with interest, and tea-drinking certainly provides pleasure.  As has been demonstrated throughout history.  Even as far back as the 18th century, tea was imported into Britain, to invigorate people at breakfast.

However the making of a cup of tea, takes quite a while. Boiling the water, waiting for it brew, and all that.  Could this time reduced, by such expedients as directly chewing a tea-bag?  

Has any one tried this?  It would seem to be akin to chewing tobacco, but I don't know whether it has health-risks.

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Anyone for Tea?

Having regard to the totality of the factors considered above that Tea could not be given significant weight and that there was not currently a gap on the spectrum of adequacy sufficient to conclude that the provision of hot beverage services is not currently secured to the standard of adequacy. Accordingly the Committee concluded: The Cafe was neither necessary nor expedient to secure the adequate provision of tea in the neighbourhood, and therefore dismissed the appeal in this respect."

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Anyone for Tea?

@fallen-archie wrote:

Having regard to the totality of the factors considered above that Tea could not be given significant weight and that there was not currently a gap on the spectrum of adequacy sufficient to conclude that the provision of hot beverage services is not currently secured to the standard of adequacy. Accordingly the Committee concluded: The Cafe was neither necessary nor expedient to secure the adequate provision of tea in the neighbourhood, and therefore dismissed the appeal in this respect."

Are you related to Sir Humphrey Appleby, perchance, Fallen?

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

Anyone for Tea?

Liquorice tea is nice 

as is Ginger  (very warming , especailly on  a rainy day ) 

Peppermint  (contemplative and very relaxing ) 

and Green tea (has caffeine I think ) 

When I make herbal tea , I boil the kettle then after bolied , decant into pint mugs , so i make 3 pint glassfuls at a time 

You can drink one after 5 mins or so , then the otheres just go cold , and drink them whenever , very refreshing 

Green tea will give you a boost tin the morning  and is generally good for your health I think , I drink gallons of it 

Never put milk in any herbal tea , if you fancy a slice of lemon , by all means (as its added vitamin c to boot ) 

I been 12 years on ebay and had 1000's of sales and I trust people more than ever now
Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

Anyone for Tea?

The Euro-sausage
The Minister has been in talks with the European Commissioner about standardising the names of foodstuffs.

Bernard: “They can’t stop us eating the British sausage, can they?”

Hacker: “No, but they can stop us calling it a sausage. Apparently it’s got to be called the Emulsified High-Fat Offal Tube.”

Bernard: “And you swallowed it?”

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Anyone for Tea?

I think that deserves a clip  Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

Anyone for Tea?

Is that a vegetable that doesn't meet acceptable EU Standards?

funnycarror.jpg

Or do you need to see a Chiropodist?

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent