Any photographers out there

Hoping for a little advice here, but bear in mind I don't know a lens from a shutter...........

Our grandson has asked for a camera for christmas. It will be his first camera as he's only just found an interest in photography. The things to bear in mind are, He's 12, and very boisterous so it may well get broken, he leaves things lying around in his bag when he goes to his clubs and activities so it may get stolen, and he changes his fads more often than his socks so it may end up gathering dust in a dark forgotten corner in his room. For these reasons we don't want to spend a fortune - we were thinking maybe somewhere between £60 and  £90 max. But we don't want to get him a load of rubbish either.

Can anyone make any recommendations - a decent little beginners camera within our price range ? Any guide lines would be most appreciated. Thanks.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

I decided a while ago that I needed a camera, easy to use but not too fancy

I ended up treating myself to a Panasonic Lumix DMC-XS3 - Red + Case + 8GB MicroSD + Tripod, for £70

Have had no problems with it, and it is easy to transfer pictures to computer.

If I can use it, anyone can.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Thanks mustard. Did you get it from a high street store? We're hoping to go out looking this weekend so will take your info with us.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

No, I bought it on here, but most stores that sell cameras should have them.

In my opinion, avoid computer globe and vindaloos

Photobucket
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent