Another question for the smart guys and gals

OK, imagine the situation.My youngest boy (37) won a box of bric a brac at a local auction for £3. When he got it nome there was a mobile phone sat at the bottom of the box and this is what he told me happened after that.  He found a lead for it and plugged it in. By the way, it was an Apple 3. The phone powered up and showed a logo saying No SIM and that it worked on Vodaphone. He tried to fit a Vodaphone card in it and discovered that it wasn't a Pay as you go phone but a contract jobbie.

Now, he's never had one of those and neither have I so when he told me about it later, we didn't know what o do. So I said. "I know who'll know. Let me ask and see what they say .......... And here I am after beig given the phone

There's a phone shop about 3 miles away and I can get to it easily enough once Aggie comes back with the car. So, I'd like to be able to say, "Can you convert this Apple phone from a Contract Jobbie to a Pay As You Go type" But here's the snag. I'd hate to do that and then find that it can't be done. I'm not bothered about the phone but I'd need to do the last quarter of a mile or so withe a stick and that can be painfull.

So, there's the question. Can the phone be converted.

Thanks Guys,

Stevie

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

I used to have a 3gs on contract with 02, that worked just fine with any O2 p-a-y-g SIM, don't see why it should be any different with Vodaphone.

Instead of going into shop, why don't you save your legs and Tel. 0870 070 0191 to check. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to post.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Cheers Monsiour Legion

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

I'm glad it's sorted. Whatever it was.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Do keep up, Mal. It was a box of bric-a-brac.

Mister EMB

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

I lost the post as soon as it mentioned a mobile phone, I thought why would anyone buy that on eBay.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent