A muslims response to the Charlie Hebdo attack

The muslim mayor of Rotterdam response to the attack on Charlie Hebdo

and other terrorist attacks by muslim extremists.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/muslim-mayor-of-rotterdam-ahmed-aboutaleb-tells-extre...

Message 1 of 137
See Most Recent
136 REPLIES 136

Re: A muslims response to the Charlie Hebdo attack

The definition link gives as one option the following

informal A negative or critical person:
she found it difficult to cope with the haters

That seems fairly explanatory but does not extend to justifying the use of the term Hater. There are many many words once commonly used which have rightly become unacceptable to use. Surely if you dislike someone that's sufficient if you have to express a feeling. Also I have seen a small group of people who when challenged accuse one if stalking or obsession. Such behaviour if true would be completely unacceptable. So if an argument is prevented from developing because the language used is provocative then it is fair to Challenge it.
Message 101 of 137
See Most Recent

@fallen-archie wrote:
The definition link gives as one option the following

informal A negative or critical person:
she found it difficult to cope with the haters

That seems fairly explanatory but does not extend to justifying the use of the term Hater. There are many many words once commonly used which have rightly become unacceptable to use. Surely if you dislike someone that's sufficient if you have to express a feeling. Also I have seen a small group of people who when challenged accuse one if stalking or obsession. Such behaviour if true would be completely unacceptable. So if an argument is prevented from developing because the language used is provocative then it is fair to Challenge it.

Fella, if you're experiencing emotional disturbances due to someone using the word "hater" applied in a justifiable context (I count at 'least' 2 "haters" in this thread - prompting the intervention of a mod) in the forum of a shopping site, then maybe you should try using the "ignore" button on me? Unless of course, your Modus Operandi is to try and provoke a protracted hostile response so "the usual suspects" can start BPing away - a tactic that has been used in the past to try and rid the forum of posters who don't conform to the ethos of the dominant clique who think they own it.

Message 102 of 137
See Most Recent

Well when i first posted this I thought it was a good story about peop;e standing

up for their beliefs and condemning others who are committing atrocities in their name,

BUT i didn't expect it to turn into a rascist rant by the usual armchair warriors from

all religious and non religious sides to prove their own ridiculous views.

So I will leave you to it and when my last purchase turns up I will be leaving

Message 103 of 137
See Most Recent

Now that's not a sensible reaction is it?

Just because people don't want to dwell on your original post and the "debate" has moved on doesn't mean you should throw in the towel, give up and stomp off.

Wouldn't it be better to hammer your point home by expresing yourself as "the voice of reason" in the face of what you see as deflecting and detracting argument?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 104 of 137
See Most Recent

I didnt think the OP had much of a debate in it tbh....more a well done him type of thread.

Message 105 of 137
See Most Recent

Thats open to debate though 🙂

Message 106 of 137
See Most Recent

BH. YOU are the one who does not like other people having differing views from yours.You DO get aggressive and personal when that happens just look back at your OWN replies to these posts. Were you so full of anger when our poppies were burned or when churches were recently burned in Nigeria. I am fed up with ALL religion not just ISLAM which I have said throught this thread but you hone in on my comments about one. You are a forum bully.

Message 107 of 137
See Most Recent

@calibra101 wrote:

You are a forum bully.

Says someone who thinks it's fine to bully people because of their religion, and more disturbingly, almost urging some sort of 'Kristallnacht' response.

Message 108 of 137
See Most Recent

Kristallnacht? Can you give us an example of this 'urging' please? I see no bullying in any of Calibra's posts.
Message 109 of 137
See Most Recent

Would the little children please leave the playground??
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 110 of 137
See Most Recent

@astrologica wrote:
Kristallnacht? Can you give us an example of this 'urging' please? I see no bullying in any of Calibra's posts.

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/The-Round-Table/A-muslims-response-to-the-Charlie-Hebdo-attack/m-p/41...

I also note your metaphorical shoulder shrug to children getting bullied - that speaks volumes too:

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/The-Round-Table/A-muslims-response-to-the-Charlie-Hebdo-attack/m-p/41...

Message 111 of 137
See Most Recent

The English language is difficult to write in a manner which leaves no room for confusion, I list below the ways in which a simple statement can be interpreted and give cause to argument. That's why legal jargon is so difficult to read, it seeks to be precise, to avoid and remove misinterpretation. So when we simple folk express a strong opinion which does not fit the PC template then expect comeback.

I don't think he should get the job.
Meaning: Somebody else thinks he should get the job.

I don't think he should get the job.
Meaning: It's not true that I think he should get the job.

I don't think he should get that job.
Meaning: That's not really what I mean. OR I'm not sure he'll get that job.

Meaning: Somebody else should get that job.

Meaning: In my opinion it's wrong that he's going to get that job.

Meaning: He should have to earn (be worthy of, work hard for) that job.

Meaning: He should get another job.

Meaning: Maybe he should get something else instead.
Message 112 of 137
See Most Recent

With a General Election on the horizon Archie, could be applicable to the next occupant of Number 10.

Mister EMB

Message 113 of 137
See Most Recent

Yes indeed it will, FB and Twitter will be awash with the rantings of the misguided for the benefit of the blind. Whilst here season ticket holders will once more enjoy History lessons borne out of myth courtesy the Uk hyphen underscore party 🙂
Message 114 of 137
See Most Recent

Tories will win regardless of votes and well done that muslim guy who helped during the attrocity in Paris

Message 115 of 137
See Most Recent

http://www.jewsnews.co.il/2014/06/06/muslims-flee-northern-ireland-to-escape-anti-islam-violence/ .. Muslims flee Northern Ireland to escape anti-Islam violence
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 116 of 137
See Most Recent

That page is from June 2014, bit old? A working link:-

http://www.jewsnews.co.il/2014/06/06/muslims-flee-northern-ireland-to-escape-anti-islam-violence/

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 117 of 137
See Most Recent

Speaking of history lessons...Here's a reminder of what happens when too many emptyheads hold all followers of an entire religion responsible for acts of terrorism:

http://www.newstatesman.com/2012/05/britains-last-anti-jewish-riots

Message 118 of 137
See Most Recent

A fundraising effort – led by the secretary of a nearby mosque, together with the owner of a popular curry house and a local textile magnate – has secured the long-term future of the synagogue and forged a friendship between Bradfordian followers of Islam and Judaism.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/dec/20/bradford-synagogue-saved-muslims-jews

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.jpgThese books cause trouble..

Message 120 of 137
See Most Recent