A different slant on extremism?

I can't recall this being mentioned before but with all this religious extremism coming from radicalised "followers" of one particular cult, I wondered how they're being funded and by whom?

Who pays for the weapons and ammunition plus all the peripherals? Where are they made, how do they get to those extremists? Who has enough money to literally throw in to such conflicts?

There are really unpleasant conflictss in the Middle East and Africa and I wondered if it was being financed from where it all began, further East? Has anyone else had similar thoughts?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 81
See Most Recent
80 REPLIES 80

Its the OIL money from the west and USA. Or China and Russia..
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 2 of 81
See Most Recent

Think again.

Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 81
See Most Recent

Smiley FrustratedMost Of It,s Coming From The Fall Of The Communist Block

Petal
Message 4 of 81
See Most Recent

The funding isn't.

Live long and prosper.

Message 5 of 81
See Most Recent

Maybe he is giving them the money.. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/11/19/saudi-arabia-s-religious-police-outlaw-tempting-eye...
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 6 of 81
See Most Recent

The funding is global - it's like the jet stream going round and round.

There were very credible reports not so long ago that some of the funding came from Oman and certainly there have been reports of funding coming from within the Middle East to remove certain regimes in the past.

There's no two ways about it that 'stuff' - whether it be arms or money or other ways to raise funds such as drugs etc - comes from different parts of the world incluing the old Communist block, but as it's shuffled more than a croupier's card deck in the process it's possibly almost impossible to tell where it originates sometimes.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 7 of 81
See Most Recent

Charities with links to extremist fund some, including apparently Muslim Charities Forum and the READ foundation which have had funding from the British Government - so that's us (UK taxpayers) amongst others. Sick.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/4717/uk-funds-extremist-charities

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 8 of 81
See Most Recent

Very interesting program on their funding on Radio 4 the other day.

When Iraq fell huge amounts of bullion and cash from bank reserves were smuggled out of the country chiefly by one of Saddam's sons. A fair amount of this found it's way to Al-qaeda to fund their campaign. As well being used for terrorist activity thousands of small businesses from cafes to engineering were purchased to legitimise and launder the money as well providing recruitment opportunities.

This network is now in the hands of ISIS, or ISIL, or whatever it is they're called this week, who are adding to the funds by looting anything they can from non-muslim religeous sites anywhere they have control.

They now have so much they've started minting their own gold currency. They really don't need any outside funding. Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 81
See Most Recent

Saddam Hussein promised the 'mother of all wars' - and I think that's what we now have! He was misunderstood - and its coming!

With Charlie Hebdo poking fun and fueling the argument still further and this morning copies on here going for £600+ it says it all - look at them and there are clearly auction wreckers at work on most auctions!

Fed up of hearing of free speech - it does not exist, especially in the UK, try and publish anything like Hebdo here and see, fed up of Muslims in suits being wheeled out at every opportunity to tell us what a forgiving religion they are, fed up at hearing how few terrorists there are when Boko Haram, ISIL, etc etc are pushing back the US and half the world back and murdering thousands. Fed up of religion telling us they are united.

Je ne suis pas Charlie, je suis un homme libre

Message 10 of 81
See Most Recent

I've heard and read a few times that buying fake DVDs etc funds terrrorism, don't know if there's any truth in it.

Message 11 of 81
See Most Recent

In the old days they used to say buying fake cassettes will damage your tape player- can we ever believe what we are told?

Message 12 of 81
See Most Recent

@artwisemills wrote:

Saddam Hussein promised the 'mother of all wars' - and I think that's what we now have! He was misunderstood - and its coming!

With Charlie Hebdo poking fun and fueling the argument still further and this morning copies on here going for £600+ it says it all - look at them and there are clearly auction wreckers at work on most auctions!

Fed up of hearing of free speech - it does not exist, especially in the UK, try and publish anything like Hebdo here and see, fed up of Muslims in suits being wheeled out at every opportunity to tell us what a forgiving religion they are, fed up at hearing how few terrorists there are when Boko Haram, ISIL, etc etc are pushing back the US and half the world back and murdering thousands. Fed up of religion telling us they are united.

Je ne suis pas Charlie, je suis un homme libre

Saddam Hussein promised the mother of all wars' - and you think that's what we now have! I think that's a reasonable assumption. It has been an awful long time since we had any peace.  I doubt will ever see peace again. So much for Blair's war. Just think how wonderful it would have been for ALL had he not been able to say: ''WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION'' Wasn't HE that weapon of mass destruction? I think so. 

I know two wrongs don't make a right but there are two followers of these people in our jails. They murdered a serving soldier on the streets of London in full view of witnesses and camera's. That is surely an act of war. These MUGS who do the foul cowardly murders haven't a brain cell between them. Or they would ask the evil devils that say they will be rewarded in ''paradise'' WHY THE HELL DON'T YOU DO IT THEN? 

Message 13 of 81
See Most Recent

Alternatively "Why ain't you rushed off there if it's so wonderful?"

Live long and prosper.

Message 14 of 81
See Most Recent

Many have probably read these articles, but in case they haven't; they make interesting reading.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2010/jan/24/dubai-crime-money-laundering-terrorism

http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/frontpage/drug-trafficking-and-the-financing-of-terrorism.html

Although the second one mentions dates around 8 years ago, not much has changed it would seem.

Message 15 of 81
See Most Recent

@.cee-dee wrote:

Alternatively "Why ain't you rushed off there if it's so wonderful?"

Well...where are they happy?

The Muslims are not happy! They're not happy Gaza. Egypt. Libya. Morocco. Iran. Iraq. Yemen. Afghanistan. Pakistan. Syria. Lebanon.

So where are they happy?

They are happy in Australia. France. Italy. Germany. Sweden. Norway. USA. England. They are happy in every country that is not Islamic!  And who do they blame? Not Islam. Not there leadership. Not themselves. They blame the countries they are happy in and they want to change them to be like the country they came from, where they were so UNHAPPY.  

Message 16 of 81
See Most Recent

The guns come from one of the worlds gun manufacturers ..USA UK China or Russia,no one else is allowed to manufacture guns ,even the UK's gun opperations are now held abroad..mainly US 

Money to buy the munitions...well thats a good one if you realize how much a bullet costs..our soilders for instance are not allowed to waste them willy nilly ..yet buyers can shoot loads into the air every time they see a camera ..err like err err 'A TV show 

So who is funding it all ........well you lot with your tax paying schemes of course ..would be funny if it wasn't .

Message 17 of 81
See Most Recent

No-one else is allowed to manufacture guns? Who's talking about being "allowed" to manufacture them? I and thousands of other people with skill and a metalworking workshop can make guns if we so desired.

Essentially a gun is comprised of a tube (the barrel), a receptacle for a bullet (the chamber) and a means (the lock) of setting off the propellant (the charge). You're just as dead from a badly made gun at close range as you are from a superbly made one and the AK47 is capable of production in quite primitive workshops.

That said, making the ammunition is a bit more difficult. The (brass) case is usually made by pressing and that requires about 8 operations with annealing between each. When set up, it's a quick process but you won't find those being made easily in a "back-street" workshop. The bullets are much simpler but the propellant is another matter plus a bit more difficulty making the primer.

Sooooo, where are they coming from and how'd they get from one country to another?

I saw a news report saying those two brothers shot in France had paid several thousands for the guns but at one time a (rough quality) AK47 could be made for about $7.

I think that the trail of guns and ammunition needs following back to the sources rather than waiting for an event such as that in Paris.

Live long and prosper.

Message 18 of 81
See Most Recent

@joamur_gosof wrote:

The guns come from one of the worlds gun manufacturers ..USA UK China or Russia,no one else is allowed to manufacture guns ,even the UK's gun opperations are now held abroad..mainly US 

Money to buy the munitions...well thats a good one if you realize how much a bullet costs..our soilders for instance are not allowed to waste them willy nilly ..yet buyers can shoot loads into the air every time they see a camera ..err like err err 'A TV show 

So who is funding it all ........well you lot with your tax paying schemes of course ..would be funny if it wasn't .

Joamur. Sorry, about the delay in replying. But I had not asked about guns. Well the OP' at #18 has replied to you.

Take it from there. If you wish?  Sorry, I also cannot quite understand your comment?  With respects perhaps a longer explanation some time. Thank you.

I should be back tomorrow.

Message 19 of 81
See Most Recent

Further to my #18, a quick search will show that the estimated number of AK47s in the world approach 100 million and that they (of one sort or another) were (or are) manufactured in dozens of countries quite apart from Russia.

The ammunition is, as I said a different kettle of fish and it seems a certain Middle Eastern country flooded the African continent with illicit supplies.

Poor quality AK47s and the ammunition are made in more remote regions of Afghanistan and Pakistan and at close range you're just as dead if shot by one of those as you would be if shot with a "better quality" version.

So, where the idea came from that just a few "Major manufacturers" are responsible for the availability of such weapons, I'd like to know?

Live long and prosper.

Message 20 of 81
See Most Recent