20.10 on a Sunday Evening

And still the phone rings this time about window replacement. I keep reading about how the country has progressed and how change is essential, When Bombay Billy phones in 20 mins time pleading with me to tell him all my personal details and it will only take a couple of minutes I shall have a full set for the day. Bring back the sabbath and give people a break. Who needs progress?

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

It's not progress, it's an invasion of privacy.  Junk calls make up most of the calls I get, through the afternoon and evening every blinking day, and as if they have some psychic power most are just when I am eating dinner.  When I used to answer, half the time there isn't even anyone at the other end. Smiley Mad

Registering, and re-registering with the TPS doesn't make a jot of difference.  So now I just don't answer anything that says number withheld or 'international'.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Suzie, When they ask for you by name, ask who's calling. If it's a call you don't want just say you'll go and get Suzie for them. Gently lay the telephone down on the table and go off and have your dinner. If they are still waiting when you come back half an hour later just tell them, sorry she's not in.

Or, when they start off by saying "and how are you today", I tell 'em. It doesn't even all have to be true.  By the time I've got through my latest doctors appointment for arthritis, migraines, skin condition and irritable bowel syndrome they usually hang up - and I haven't even got to the bunions yet !!!  When they've interupted me and just assume that my time is thiers for the taking, , I'm quite happy to waste thiers.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

In our flat we used to get the phone ringing several times each day, with "silent calls"

Then we registered with TPS, and the calls stopped.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Let me have your number and I will pass it on to Home and Lifestyle Study, their call centre in India will keep in touch with you several times a day, they will also take care of all your. Internet banking if you ask.
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

I can only say, that TPS has stopped the annoying calls to us.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

I have been registered with the TPS for years and it seems pretty useless to me. There was an improvement initially but the calls soon started coming again, and as time has gone on it just gets worse and worse. I get at least one call every day - sometimes as many as four.

It's the same as putting a sign on your front door saying NO COLD CALLERS, LEAFLETS,RELIGIOUS GROUPS, SALESMEN  etc. They still knock and when you point out the sign to them they say " Oh, ha ha, that doesn't apply to us".

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent