Returning a FAULTY item outside the 60 day Returns Window

Placed an order on 24 Nov, 2023, 5 trigger spray bottles. Only used 1 this week and it turned out to be faulty.

Contacted the Seller with pics inc the 4 unsued ones in the original box that was posted in and seller very convenieiently provided little assistance to resolve the issue of Starting A Rtn as order is outside the 60 day window.

Want to chat to an agent here  but option is no where to by found apart from Chat Bot which is useless.

Anyone can offer any useful advice?

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

papso22
Experienced Mentor

You are too late to do anything through eBay,  the money back guarantee is 30 days from delivery. 

Try your funding source for help. 

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

"You are too late to do anything through eBay,  the money back guarantee is 30 days from delivery. "

Good luck to ANYONE buying anything listed as Brand New that comes with (min) 12 months guarantee by law irrespective of what the item is.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

If you paid by PayPal you have up to 180 days to open a case in their resolution centre.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

"If you paid by PayPal you have up to 180 days to open a case in their resolution centre."

Ebay removed the DEFAULT payment method PayPal many years ago to save money.

My order was paid for by Visa Debit card.

For the amount of £12.99 GBP, it does not derserve any more of my time trying to find resolution.

Lesson Learnt - don't buy anything Brand New on ebay no matter what it is just to save a few ££, its not worth my time.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Contact your Visa card issuer and instigate a chargeback to get your money back 

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Iv'e been caught out like this a few times over the years.

Buying things for future use only to find faulty/out of time etc.

Iv'e learn't to check things out asap now ,just in case 🙄

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

@cw989s0 wrote:

"If you paid by PayPal you have up to 180 days to open a case in their resolution centre."

Ebay removed the DEFAULT payment method PayPal many years ago to save money.

My order was paid for by Visa Debit card.

For the amount of £12.99 GBP, it does not derserve any more of my time trying to find resolution.

Lesson Learnt - don't buy anything Brand New on ebay no matter what it is just to save a few ££, its not worth my time.

Ebay took over the payments to sellers, you can still buy & pay for items using paypal. It doesn't matter how paypal is funded which makes it so much easier to make a claim.

I think the real lesson here is to check ALL purchasd items on arrival !

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: