Nectar Points have gone negative!!!

What's happened to my Nectar Points?

In July I converted a lot of my points into vouchers which I have used today.

On checking my Points balance it is now showing as a negative 8,800 balance. How can that be?

I buy stuff on Ebay all the time and should have a positive balance.

Please can you explain or correct it?

Many thanks

Jaz

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks but I've already been in contact with Nectar and they were more concerned with my ability to remember a set of questions that I set up over 10years ago than actually dealing with my question about how is it  possible for someone to take over 8000 points from an account that didn't have 8000 points in it!!??? 

I gave up in the end. I went online logged in to my account & closed it. 

Thanks for the offers of help but I don't think it will ever be solved. Nectar are not interested in solving the issue and seem perfectly content to supply vouchers to complete strangers from an account that doesn't have enough points to actually qualify for a voucher.  Luckily, I had already converted my points into vouchers the week before.

I'm not going to collect more nectar points for someone else to steal.
Regards
Jaz 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

Hi purplejaz46, thanks for your question.

In this scenario, I would recommend contacting Nectar directly, so they can look into it for you. You can contact them by emailing nectar_helpline@custhelp.com or calling 0344 811 0811 (Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 8:00pm; Saturday and Sunday, 9:00am to 5:00pm).

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

I would log into nectar direct and see what your points total is there.

If it's normal and as expected then the problem is solely eBay's.

Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

Thank you
I tried to speak to Nectar but they couldn't answer my question so I have
closed my Nectar card account.
Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

Did you try logging into the nectar website.

That nectar couldn't answer your question could be because there is no problem on their site.

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

Thanks for your reply, purplejaz46.

If you provide a screenshot of the issue you're experiencing I can try reporting this to them directly to see if there is anything we can do from there.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

Thanks but I've already been in contact with Nectar and they were more concerned with my ability to remember a set of questions that I set up over 10years ago than actually dealing with my question about how is it  possible for someone to take over 8000 points from an account that didn't have 8000 points in it!!??? 

I gave up in the end. I went online logged in to my account & closed it. 

Thanks for the offers of help but I don't think it will ever be solved. Nectar are not interested in solving the issue and seem perfectly content to supply vouchers to complete strangers from an account that doesn't have enough points to actually qualify for a voucher.  Luckily, I had already converted my points into vouchers the week before.

I'm not going to collect more nectar points for someone else to steal.
Regards
Jaz 
Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

I logged into the account and the points were negative there as well. 

Plus it showed transactions had taken place in an area of North London that I had never been to. Someone had helped themselves to over 8000 points on my card that didn't existsending it negative. So how Nectar allowed that to happen only Nectar knows.

They wouldn't answer my question so the account is now closed.

Thanks

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

@purplejaz46 wrote:

Plus it showed transactions had taken place in an area of North London that I had never been to. Someone had helped themselves to over 8000 points on my card that didn't existsending it negative. So how Nectar allowed that to happen only Nectar knows.

Thanks

That's incredible. Looks like Nectar are liable, it's their mistake. Like you said in the first place, how can a Nectar account go into the negative. Makes them look incompetent and perhaps they have some dodgy employees.

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

@bennotbill wrote:

@purplejaz46 wrote:

Thanks

That's incredible. Looks like Nectar are liable, it's their mistake. Like you said in the first place, how can a Nectar account go into the negative. Makes them look incompetent and perhaps they have some dodgy employees.

Hi there, it is possible for Nectar points balance to fall negative. The system does not do live updates like a bank account. Recently we spent points at Argos online and Sainsbury's in store on the same day and inadvertently spent more than we had resulting in a sizeable negative balance. Building back the balance gradually as we did have the goods - heard nothing from Nectar though. I assume your account was compromised and 'spent twice' in this way - they got double; good idea to close.

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

My nectar points stopped going on eBay orders since before Christmas ,and cant get anyone to help 

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

@fow9860 wrote:

My nectar points stopped going on eBay orders since before Christmas ,and cant get anyone to help 

Check that your Nectar card is still linked to your eBay account.

There was some past update which de linked all Nectar >>  eBay.

Using a PC / laptop and preferably Chrome or Firefox,  go to My eBay from drop down menu click on the Nectar logo at the bottom.

Relink your card there.  It can take a few attempts before it's linked.

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

I had a similar experience, 5000 points disappeared from my account, they had been used for a transaction in the London area, I am in Scotland. However, my experience with Nectar was very satisfactory, they replaced the points, and also gave me a further 2000 as compensation.

Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

Would be ok if could get to speak to a proper person and not a robot that repeats itself.

Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: