Returns and Service Metrics Unfair

I strongly believe that the current situation is profoundly unjust. Over the past two months, I have encountered a staggering number of return requests from customers who either mistakenly ordered the wrong item or deliberately initiated false returns. Out of these eight requests, only one individual actually returned the item, which was originally priced at £1.35. It is crucial to note that my product description explicitly states that the quantity is 1-50 pieces, and the variation clearly indicates that it was for 1 piece only.

What concerns me greatly is that these eight unresolved cases have negatively impacted my service metrics. If these metrics reach a very high level, I face the possibility of being penalised. This raises an important question: why doesn't eBay remove the remaining seven cases that were closed in my favour, considering that the items were never returned?

It is essential to recognise that these items, intended for return, encompass a wide range of different products. I could perhaps understand if there were issues specific to a particular item, as that could indicate a genuine problem. However, this is not the case. These items have been sold in quantities ranging from hundreds to thousands, demonstrating their popularity and customer satisfaction.

I kindly request that eBay reviews this, taking into account the undue burden placed upon me as a seller due to these unjustifiably open return cases. Your attention to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Please eBay look after us sellers we or I try really hard to keep my account a top-rated one and this like this does not help

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Returns and Service Metrics Unfair

You have to get customer to close the case.If ebay close the case.or if you close the case by refunding customer. It will have negative impact on your service metrics. Unless the customer is returning item.If they just did not like it.So yes then you will have to pay 4% extra on your sales on ebay in that category.

No eBay will not help you in this matter.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got selling tools related questions? Start here: