Funds that are on hold can be used to pay for postage labels or issue refunds.

Hi, on the seller hub -> Payments -> all transactions, under the selection pills, I can see a message underneath the funds that states
"Funds that are on hold can be used to pay for postage labels or issue refunds."

How do I go about doing this? It's not very intuitive and it doesn't seem you can use it on bulk postage payments?
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Dan

Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

I think it's a new thing and I can't see it on my account.

There's a community chat today that starts at 2pm why don't you ask Katie, Kat and Dave about it.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Chat-with-the-eBay-Community/Weekly-Chat-with-the-eBay-Community-Tea... 

Message 2 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi @yog-speggoth-games ,

This option for purchasing postage labels with your funds is only for the US market at the moment.  The function is not yet available for the UK but they are working on it.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 3 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi Kat, is there a reason why that message appears on a site where it is not yet operative?

Message 4 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi @papso22 ,

It's there in preparation for the function coming. We just don't have confirmation on a date as of yet.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 5 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi Kat

is there any update on this coming in yet?

nic

Message 6 of 26
See Most Recent

Kat isn't here anymore.

Try marco@ebay  or anita@ebay .

Message 7 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi all,

Currently, we have ramped to 50% of sellers with the option to purchase shipping labels for DPD, EVRi and Yodel using the eBay label platform. For these carriers, sellers can use the available balance when purchasing single labels. Purchases using 'your funds' option is always available, if there is an available balance at the time of the label purchase. When the balance is less than a label cost, the remaining amount is charged to the preferred top up payment instrument, either a card or a bank account.

This option is not currently available for purchase of Royal Mail labels.

The plan is to ramp to 100% soon but there is no confirmed date yet.

@douglaspuglas, thanks for tagging.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 8 of 26
See Most Recent

i would really like this function for royal mail please. having dozenss of postage transactions coming out of main account is inconvienient. do you have a date yet for this?

Message 9 of 26
See Most Recent

This would be so good of a function, I woul duse royal mail 24/7

Message 10 of 26
See Most Recent

Is there a way to NOT use current funds, so if I use Packlink I can use a credit card but I seem to only be able to use current funds when buying Evri from the front screen

Message 11 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi have there been any developments on this? Do you have an idea of when this will be available in the UK?

Message 12 of 26
See Most Recent

I would love to know the answer to this too! Doesn't look as thoough anyone has been able to respond to you.  I prefer to pay with my credit card as I get cashback on using it.  Have always done this except for the last month when ebay have started automatically taking it out of my e bay funds, which they do not have the right to do.  I cannot find any way to change it except to wait for the funds to paid to me (I've set up daily payment so don't have to wait too long) leaving a zero balance and then they will take the postage from my preferred card.

Message 13 of 26
See Most Recent

Hello all,

This has been now fully ramped up in the UK for DPD, EVRi and Yodel. This option is not currently available for purchase of Royal Mail labels, however it is something we are looking into implementing in the future.

In terms of payments, the first option will always be to collect payment from the available funds. In the event that the balance is insufficient, it will take the outstanding balance from the back up payment. If there is no available balance, we will debit from the back up payment method for selling costs which you can confirm here.

In relation to the option to use credit card, when available funds are sufficient, the design was to default to available funds, and then move to an alternative payment option, however I have passed on your feedback to the relevant team.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 14 of 26
See Most Recent

Thanks for this. As I prefer not to pay from available funds for any
postage service and do not believe that Ebay can or should change their
previous process of charging the seller from their preferred funding source
I continue to use that source - my credit card. To do so I must wait until
the eBay funds are no longer on hold and are available to me.
This works albeit with the effect that the item to be posted is delayed
from posting until eBay make funds available. As speed is of the essence I
am sure that this is an unintended consequential downside to Ebay's
decision.
Thank you for bringing this issue to their attention. Let's hope that they
understand that sellers have the perogative to decide for themselves which
of their funding sources are to be used to fund their selling fees/postage
charges and refunds.
Please let me know when you receive Ebay 's response.
Many thanks
Message 15 of 26
See Most Recent

I prefer the new system of paying with existing balance but can't understand why both options would not be available

Message 16 of 26
See Most Recent

Yes, exactly!  It's whatever suits the individual circumstances best.  I prefer to pay on my credit card because I get cashback for doing so.  Freedom of choice is important.  At the moment it seems a hybrid anyway beause ebay have not (yet) negotitated any similar arrangement with  Royal Mail so all ebayers it seems will have monies deducted at source by ebay for private postage providers but not for R Mail.  

Message 17 of 26
See Most Recent

This isn't good enough. EBay needs to at least partially release funds on hold to cover postage. I don't trust the likes of Evri (Hermes) so refuse to use them. Expecting sellers to fork out for postage put if their own pocket is unfair.

Message 18 of 26
See Most Recent

anita@ebay wrote:

Hello all,

This has been now fully ramped up in the UK for DPD, EVRi and Yodel. This option is not currently available for purchase of Royal Mail labels, however it is something we are looking into implementing in the future.

In terms of payments, the first option will always be to collect payment from the available funds. In the event that the balance is insufficient, it will take the outstanding balance from the back up payment. If there is no available balance, we will debit from the back up payment method for selling costs which you can confirm here.

In relation to the option to use credit card, when available funds are sufficient, the design was to default to available funds, and then move to an alternative payment option, however I have passed on your feedback to the relevant team.

Thanks,

Anita

Of course this only applies if you buy your postage through ebay.  Which means having Packlink as a middle man when there are issues.  If you buy direct from the courier then you can pay how you like.

Message 19 of 26
See Most Recent

Could not agree more! 

eBay holing on to my funds for upto 2 Bus Days is very anoiying. 

I hate eBay these days. 

Message 20 of 26
See Most Recent
Got selling tools related questions? Start here: