Can you change back to classic view on ebay UK?

I still cannot change back to classic view on ebay UK.

Can you change back to classic view?

I find the new view of the pages hard to navigate and I am thinking of leaving ebay for good if I cannot change back.

Can anyone help me change back to classic view on ebay UK.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 154
See Most Recent
153 REPLIES 153

Hi,

I am having the same pronlem. My main page has disappeared and I literally cannot navigate the other one. The classic view is the best and it always will be. I can't access anything right now.

Message 2 of 154
See Most Recent

You should be able to switch back.  On the seller hub selling/listing page, in the box titled Selling Tools the bottom option is Opt Out. 

Message 3 of 154
See Most Recent

@**peaseblossom** wrote:

You should be able to switch back.  On the seller hub selling/listing page, in the box titled Selling Tools the bottom option is Opt Out. 

That worked for me. Thanks.

Message 5 of 154
See Most Recent

Hi, Cannot find 'Selling Tools' on any pages.

I talked to eBay customer services this morning, he was puzzled why I could not change back to classic view. After trying different ways to change it, he came up with this.

This is on ebay UK.

On the 'My eBay' page that shows the 'Activity' tab ( next to Messages, Accounts, Applications tabs) on the top let of the screen, hover over 'Activity' a box will open with ' Summary, Watch, Sell, Selling Manager' click on Sell, it takes you back to Classic View.

This is working for me now, it will probably stop working in a few days.

Thanks for posting. 

Message 6 of 154
See Most Recent

On summary page - nothing happens when I hover over either  Activity - Messages - Account   which are the 3 options. There are no selling tools anywhere. It was all OK yesterday but changed this morning and now there is no way of getting classic view back that I can find - none of the solutions above exist on my summary / selling pages. I am in chrome and opera.

Message 7 of 154
See Most Recent

My home page has been ruined by eBay's latest attempts to "improve" the site and I no longer have the Classic View layout visible on My eBay.  However, if I click on All Selling the different sections visible on that page all show up in Classic View format, despite the fact that I haven't sold anything on eBay for over a year now.

So far none of the suggestions put forward prior to my post on this thread have worked in reinstating Classic View on the My eBay page.  If anybody else has any ideas as to how to successfully reverse eBay's unwanted changes then I'd be very grateful for any suggestions.  If eBay really have screwed the site up irreparably and I can't get Classic View back again then I may well end up closing my account down.  I know that eBay can't seem to help themselves when it comes to screwing up the site, but as far as I'm concerned this is the final straw.

Message 8 of 154
See Most Recent

I don't even have "all selling" anymore - it used to be at the bottom of the summary page after watching and purchases - it has disappeared and there is no other way of getting to classic view in any catagory - like you I have had enough. when it is working fine why can't they just leave it be ??

Message 9 of 154
See Most Recent

Hi Guys,

I have found a way to get back but it's not permenent and yes, the "all selling" at the bottom of my page is also missing.

I have no idea what is goign wrong.

Okay, so at the top right of the main page hover over the "My eBay" tab and view the drop down menu.

Then click on "selling".

For me, this opens the horrible "seller hub" page.

Scroll down to selling tools on the left.

Click "Go to my eBay - selling" and this opens the classic view.

Please let me know if that works for anyone.

It's not a solution but at least it makes it visible.

Hopefully this problem is just a glitch in the system that will be fixed soon.

Message 10 of 154
See Most Recent

Thank you - yes that worked - I had forgotten that I had removed "seller tools" and therefore the option to "opt out" - from that hub.  When it first appeared I customised it to show just the bits i needed as a privete occassional seller as I just don't like it. Thank you for that. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 154
See Most Recent

Thanks for that.

If you go further down the Selling options on the LHS of the Selling Hub, the final option of ""Opt Out of the Selling Hub also works.

However to access from logging in therafter, you have to the click My eBay from home page & click Selling.

As usual eBay have this choice well hidden, probably because the want to promote the user hostile Seller Hub.

If you're on the Seller Hub, take their Survey & let them know what you think & leave your email address to see if they respond at all

Message 12 of 154
See Most Recent

Like the other person who commented, the "opt out" option is not visible on my page.

I am not sure why it's visible for some but not for others, hence why I'm hoping the current problem is just a technical glitch that will be resolved.

Message 13 of 154
See Most Recent

You only find the "opt out of the Selling Hub" on the LHS of the Selling Hub page under Selling.

Message 14 of 154
See Most Recent

Perhaps you are not understanding what some of us are saying about the opt out option....

I'll repeat....

IT'S

NOT 

THERE...

On my page or some other people's page.

Message 15 of 154
See Most Recent

This is a link to the eBay page to encourage you to use the Hub which as you see, states it’s easy to switch back  to previous selling tools:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sh/landing 

Suggest you click on "Start using Seller Hub " button and see if it displays the Selling Options on LHS which I mentioned. IIRC you have to click the selling tab at top to then reveal the Selling options on LHS.

I no longer have access to Seller Hub myself, having opted to classical view.

I’m on eBay.co.uk so maybe it’s not available on other countries platforms.

I'm just a user so cannot offer any further help

Message 16 of 154
See Most Recent

Before I sorted mine earlier it was not there on mine either. What I did was went to "my ebay" down to "selling" which went to the seller hub that i dislike. In the past I had removed some of the boxes from the seller hub - there is an option somewhere (I think it said "add or remove items" with a green plus sign) in the bottom box.

I had removed the "seller tools" box that had the option to return to classic in it. If yours has a box at the bottom of the seller hub that says "add or remove features"  (or similar) try in there for the option to add seller tools. Once you have the box saying "seller tools" then at the bottom of there is the option to return to classic. 

I couldn't find it and had forgotten that I had removed the seller tools box from the seller hub. Hope that maybe helps possibly?

I too now can't see it as I have gone back to classic.

Message 17 of 154
See Most Recent

Hi. Thank you so much. I works!!!  Wasted so much time this last few days tring to switch back to classic view.  Cheers

Message 18 of 154
See Most Recent

What a relief to find that there are others having the same problem. I have spent days trying to sort out problems with two sales.....when I can actually find them . I feel the same. There are many other places to sell stuff, and a lot easier! My brain aches!!!

Message 19 of 154
See Most Recent

Temporary solution - Go to Account - then Dashboard - then Activity - then Sell.

Unfortunately it reverts if you log out.

Message 20 of 154
See Most Recent
Got selling tools related questions? Start here: