the old perennial of estimated delivery times/tracking

My latest one - Posted on 2/4 (with a post by 3/4), estimated delivery 3 - 4 April.  2nd class RM.   Today still showing as 'running behind original estimate 3 to 4th April.  Go to RM tracking and the item was delivered on the 5th, which is pretty good for RM.  SO, why is e bay not showing that it has been delivered?  Also, if this is showing on my account what is shown on the buyers, if the same they could claim INR.  I know i can then refer back to RM tracking but why should it be necessary.  I thought that ebay was linked for the tracking, anyone know??

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

They do catch up eventually, as long as you have added the tracking number to the order you should be ok. If the buyer does open an item not received case just make sure you also add the tracking number to the case and you will win.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

There is defo something going on.     I sent something Rm fully tracked and according to their track and trace site it was delivered last Friday. 

I entered the tracking number to Ebay within minutes of returning from the Post Office.

According to Ebay it says a tracking number has been provided but dont even say the items been posted let alone delivered.

I just looked at my sold item and this is its latest status on Ebay........

Running behind, original estimate was Thu 4 Apr - Tue 9 Apr

My buyer has not as yet left any feedback nor contacted me.....fingers crossed they do not and are happy with the item .  I am not going to message them to ask.......

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

i add the tracking number as soon as i get back from the post office, automatic for me now (even before i get my cup of tea!)

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

There has been an ongoing/intermittent problem for years that eBay's copy of the tracking doesn't always update for certain Royal Mail items. eBay must know about it and have decided it's not worth fixing / they don't care enough.

As long as the correct/full tracking on Royal Mail website shows delivery then you have the "tracking" you need should the buyer report a problem.

For what it's worth, I see the tracking update issue much more often on Royal Mail plain 1st/2nd (LL or Parcel where the tracking is "delivery confirmation" only), whereas with Royal Mail Tracked I don't think I've seen eBay tracking fail to update for delivery.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent