seller return should i refund before the item is returned

a radio speaker does not work so seller says should i refund before the seller returns the item or should i offer a discount

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

Sellers can offer a partial refund to a buyer if the seller wants to.

Personally, as a seller unless I am absolutely certain that the fault/mistake was mine, then I would not offer a partial refund but instead insist that the buyer should return the item for a full refund. It seems it is increasinly common for buyers to claim there is a partial fault with items in order to try to get money off - best way to cut that out is insist that the only option is return for full refund.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

if you are the seller -

deal with it through a not as described case -

https://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/

You don't refund until you have the item back.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

hi i have offered a discount many thanks  i just dont know but trying to avoid negative feedback

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

Sellers can offer a partial refund to a buyer if the seller wants to.

Personally, as a seller unless I am absolutely certain that the fault/mistake was mine, then I would not offer a partial refund but instead insist that the buyer should return the item for a full refund. It seems it is increasinly common for buyers to claim there is a partial fault with items in order to try to get money off - best way to cut that out is insist that the only option is return for full refund.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Depends on if you want the item back. If you do then no, you only refund when you have the item in your hands. If you don't want the item back or it's not worth the postage the buyer might claim back from you then just do the refund and leave it to them.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

hi the problem attached is they are mostly electrical so they can produce faults i cant fix so the item is useless to me the only oppertunity then is to take it to a charity shop and put it in the free box.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

If it doesn't work and the buyer accepts a partial refund wouldn't that seem suspicious? Surely they will want to return a broken item a full refund. 

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

so would you accept a discount for a speaker that does not work? ? or would you want a full refund

get them to open a IND case, they will then gat a return label , when you get it back check it's the same as you sent and check if it works,  then refund

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent