hi I'm new to Ebay in that I've never sold anything before. Bit worried because one thing I've got on here has sold, the money's come into Ebay & I'm to dispatch it by 24th April. This is impossibly too quick for me as am disabled. I want to message buyer & trying follow instructions when I ask question in browser & it's impossible to understand, it says to go into history but I can't find anything that resembles 'history'. Can anyone help 🥹

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Hi

When you list an item you have to say how quickly you can ship an item.    I have mine set at 5 days to give me some leeway due to other family commitments.    Maybe you should revise your listings to slightly extend your shipping times?   Just because you say on a listing you will ship within say 5 days.....you should if you can ship it sooner.

Unfortunately you must ship the item to your buyer within the timescale Ebay have told you. 

Maybe a friend or family member could help you with this. 

IF your buyer receives the item later than Ebays estimated delivery date then they can open a not as described case against you and ask for a refund.

I know you are new and it does take a while to get used to using the site but you must stay within Ebays time frames 😞

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

I don't know if this is any help, I don't know what "History" is either.

I "Contact Buyer" through the "Orders" panel on my Seller Hub, messages do seem to get to the buyer.

Click on the blue "See order details" scroll down a bit and you'll see "Contact Buyer" to the right of the page.  Messages do seem to get to the buyer, as some message me back.   That link does seem to work, unlike some of the others.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

I can only think that History is referring to their sold items eg sales history

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

It could be, I've just tried going from my Live listings > See other items > Sold items.  Click on one and again is a blue link to "See order details".

But that seems the long way round to get to Order Details.  Live listings are on the Seller Hub right next to Orders, so I can't see why the OP is supposed to go to See Other Items, when it's quicker to get there from Orders.

Is the History option out of date, something from before the Seller Hub?

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

I am not on the Seller hub 🙂    Still on the old pages.

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

😲  

I thought they'd been done away with years ago !

I don't get many sales so the Horrible Hub hasn't ever become 'second nature' or intuitive.  I still wander here and there, back and forth, often round in circles before eventually doing whatever I need to do with listings or a sale.

I used to get more sales years ago and with Classic View selling pages it was all intuitive and all on one page click, click, click and all done, even with multiple sales on the same day.  Nothing like the miserable thing I have to use now.  Now it's plod, plod, plod and the longer I'm on it, the bigger the black cloud over my head gets.

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

@theelench - I use the Seller Hub, but find it convoluted and a bit daunting to use. Earlier today I had to go through several stages just to message a buyer of a sold item. There's probably a more direct route, but it's not obvious - like you say, the Seller Hub is not intuitive.

One of the most aggravating things about it (for me) is that I have to scroll down my active listings page to access the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom(if, for example, I want to see the 'Watchers' column). That's a niggle, but manageable. The problem, however, is compounded by the fact that, unless I only have a few active items, scrolling down takes the column headings off the screen. So I have to keep scrolling up and down to make sure I'm looking at the right column. If I'm trying to see how many watchers are on an item, I have to double-check that I'm not looking at a number in the 'Questions' column, which is right after the 'Watchers' column. It's a right faff.

I currently still have the option to opt out of Seller Hub, which I assume would take me back to the simpler 'Classic View', in which case eBay haven't totally done away with it. Maybe they're removing the option in phases for different sellers, although I fail to see why they wouldn't just remove it in one fell swoop for everybody.

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

HI ,

My advice is just contact the buyer and explain youy circumstances . We all make mistakes but I find an honest explaation with an apology works .

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

I guess it depends on how experienced the buyer is.    I would wait a few days/a week longer than the EDD if necessary but saying that if the buyer says no to "did this item arrive on time"  then the OP will have a defect on their first sale which will not impress Ebay 😞

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

When the seller hub was first introduced it gave me the option to opt in a few times which i declined and then i was left alone  🙂

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent