eBay giving inaccurate expected delivery dates (2)

The “recent” thread was locked.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/eBay-giving-inaccurate-expected-delivery-dates/m-p/75...

Item sold this evening.

The dates?

30 days is 03 March - latest EDD is 05 March - outside the 30 days?

Eh?

Picture1.jpg

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

I'm confused here. (That isn't difficult, to be fair.)

Did they select a postal service that takes 30 days, or do you have a 30-day despatch time? Where is the 30 days coming from?

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

No idea why it's the way it is. 

Ordinary 2nd class RM parcel - 2 day dispatch. 

Think if it was set to 30 day dispatch, wouldn't have too many buyers. 

Usually send same day or the next depending on time purchased. 

Same dates for another item purchased not long after. 

Better half has double checked settings and nothing's changed. 

Ah well, at least dates are in the future rather than having to teleport the item to arrive yesterday. 

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Last weekend everything I sold after my cutoff time on Friday morning and up till Sunday evening had an EDD of Thursday 1st Feb. I have same day dispatch if paid before 10:15am using 2nd class postage, but do not work on weekends. All sales on Monday had an EDD of Wed 31st Jan!!!.

Yesterday (Friday 2nd Feb) late afternoon all my sales after the cutoff time had an EDD of Tuesday 6th Feb, whereas the post by day is Mon 5th Feb, as I don't work weekends, and this mornings sales have an EDD of Tuesday 6th Feb with the post by date being Monday 5th Feb.

So last weekends sales have 4 days to get there, whilst this weekends sales using same postal service have 1 day to get there.

Working as designed again as usual!!!

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Interesting that the thread this follows from was locked with the excuse "Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic." when it was just over three months old, when this one https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Postage/Package-weight-and-dimensions/m-p/7427044#M50218 is 8 months old without being locked.

As if the problems with EDDs are not current anymore!

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent