eBay UK Sneaker Authentication - Shoes swapped for a box of NAPPIES!

Hello all.

Today I received an email from eBay customer service stating a pair of trainers I sent to their authentication centre in Ruislip, Middlesex, contained a pack of nappies. They also sent me some photos as 'proof'. They are refunding the buyer, sending me back the box (together with nappies) and it seems I have no recourse. 

My mail is collected at the door by a Royal Mail driver and is handed over in sealed bags. The shoes have been stolen either at the main Royal Mail sorting office or the eBay authentication centre by someone who has access to hundreds of pairs of shoes destined for authentication. 

This undermines the whole authentication process. Surely, it cannot be an isolated incident?

eBay are adamant it is Royal Mail and will not even consider it could be their authentication partner.

Fortunately, it wasn't the most expensive pair of trainers in the world, but that's not the point. I'm out of pocket and the buyer is rightly concerned/annoyed.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? 

Best wishes

J

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Could they  be using horizon😀

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

I expect this will be an increasing problem. I would imagine the eBay authentication centre is well known to delivery drivers of all sorts, and that those addressed parcels contain valuable items.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent