broken cup in transit

My buyer purchased 6 cups and saucers from me, I wrapped very well however one cup appears to be broken from the delivery. I have offered a duplicate replacement as I had others for sale, leaves me with an odd saucer but hey. Now he is asking questions about the cup and its condition etc so I have sent photos. Its exactly like the one that is broken. The alternative would be to do a partial refund but how do i calculate this? I am waiting to hear back from him what he wants to do. I think I am being reasonable in my solution. Has anyone had this happen before and what did they do? thanks

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

broken cup in transit

papso22
Experienced Mentor

You are being reasonable.

The third option is the buyer returns the lot for a full refund. 

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

broken cup in transit

Im moving house in two weeks and dont want the return coming back to my house. Hopefully he will accept the replacement and i can send it on. Thanks

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

broken cup in transit

My Sister had a cup break during delivery of Vintage 18 piece Tea Set. She offered the Buyer either 1/18th of the Tea Set cost or arrange for a return for a full refund. 

The Buyer was happy to keep the tea set & did not want any refund, she had only been reporting the breakage in case my Sister wanted to use another Courier in future.   

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

broken cup in transit

Good Evening Heath

You are being totally reasonable. My solution would be to send him the cup and saucer,that way he also has a spare should a saucer break in the future.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent