Zero Fees bonanza and miss information

Well the amazing offer for selling for zero fees finished on the 15th and I sold loads of things I would have otherwise either not sold or sold via other avenues (bullion dealers).

Normally it would be come across something in my hoarders organised office (rest of house is minimal tidy OCD and wife gives me free reign in office) that I would look at and then ignore for another few years , but zero fees made me think ...sell it as I don't use it or even knew it existed until I was reminded.

Big question is;

Will the offer ever happen again or even the 70% off fees offer I used to get bi-weekly?

Neighbour commented on selling on eBay 'Do you sell on eBay?'

Me 'Oh yes ...zero fees blah blah'

Response was 'yeah but you now pay tax on what you sell'

err no, it's all personal stuff I have collected accumulated over the last 40 years.

And a relative 'oh I'm not selling cloths anymore, they are offering free commission, but I don't want to fill in forms for the taxman.'

Are they what you don't wear anymore?

Yes

The taxman not interested.

So much miss information on this due to the press.

Yes I know 'if you are a seller flogging say 10,000 T shirts a year at £5 profit on each one and have never paid tax then start to worry' 😆

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Zero Fees bonanza and miss information

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Nobody knows if and when the next promotional offer will appear, and if it does which accounts will receive it.

I agree that there's a ton of misinformation out there as regards the forthcoming digital sales reporting, problem there being misinformation travels faster than fact and becomes embedded in sites like FaceBook and then everybody's going around quoting nonsense. 

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent