Which supporting documentation to upload to verify a limited company?

This has been driving me absolutely insane over the last week, eBay support have been next to useless and I'm still not getting anywhere with them after multiple conversations.

I've recently gone from being a sole trader to a limited company. eBay are requiring me to upload supporting documentation as "evidence the company exists" (a 30 second check at Companies House would achieve this).

The options are "Articles of Incorporation" or "Extract from the companies register". I have two accounts and uploaded our Certificate of Incorporation to both. It was accepted for one account but not the other. The reason is because it doesn't display the registered company address (no idea why it was accepted for the other account in this case).

I feel like they must process hundreds of these submissions every week so there must be a document that everyone is uploading that eBay are accepting, they just won't sepcify which document I need to upload. The customer support reps don't seem to have a clue and just keep repeating "it needs to be a government issued document that displays your company name, reg number, address". I've tried uploading all the documents I received that match the criteria when the company was set up but nothing has been accepted.

I've seen I can order a Certified Certificate or a Certified Document from gov.uk but this costs and I don't want to throw money away if eBay won't accept these documents either. It seems mad that they won't accept any of the documents that I already have.

Obviously there will be plenty of you trading on eBay as a limited company so I was hoping one of you might be able to point me in the right direction of a specific document that I can upload that eBay will definitely accept.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

I'm having the exsact same issue, I have changed my commpy name with companies house and am having very simlar issues after updating my details on eBay.

Did you fund a sultion?

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Hi

Did you ever resolve this 

I am also looking at changing from sole trader to ltd company and was wondering what the process is with eBay, what information they need etc 

i dont want to mess up my account or have payouts held etc

Thanks 

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

I know you have tried them time and time again, but it's only CS who can tell you the documentation they require from you,  it may well be different from another account holder.

What I can suggest,  is to call Only first thing in the morning, when the lines first open, then  Dublin are more likely to answer, only speak to them,  they may have a sensible and correct answer for you.

On a Sunday the lines open at 9 a.m. on weekdays 8 a.m.

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

ok, thanks, ive not even strated the process yet with my accountant, i was just asking for any information on people that have already done it, just to get a head start and a bit of an idea, thanks 

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Aaah  ok understood,  then as the day goes on,   and hopefully more sleepyheads will wake,  they'll be able to explain the processes they went through,  hopefully helpful.

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Hi, my son is facing the same problem. Did you manage to do this eventually? Your advice would be much appreciated as he has sent lots of forms but they all keep being rejected. Many thanks.

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Thank you.

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

Hello,

Facing the same problem with this, anyone with a solution please?

Thanks.

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

This content has been archived, do you know what it said?

Thanks.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Did you find the answer?

Thanks.

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent