What to do about an item sold

So I specifically have restrictions on that I only sell within the UK. But people have been using forwarding companies. This is all fine I guess but I've now one of my Lego sets has sold. Saw the location of the address and saw its near where I grew up as a kid. Then saw its a forwarding company and the item is going to China.

This started to ring alarm bells as I know so many Western apps are blocked in China. So have done a search for the forwarding comapny which is 4PX FULFILLMENT (UK) LTD. I found a post on another site about being scammed by a user using this forwarding company and it was also going to China. Looking that company up on Companies house, all the directors have been Chinese and the last two were based in China. Even worse, it shows the company was disolved  2020.

So this looks highly likely a scam. Can I now cancel the sale, refund and be OK?

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Yes, use the reason "problem with buyer's address" and the refund will be issued in the process.   And put their ID on your blocked bidder list:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/BuyerBlock

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

@stevenwhiting wrote:

So this looks highly likely a scam. Can I now cancel the sale, refund and be OK?

You could cancel the sale selecting "Problem with buyer's address" but eBay really doesn't like it if sellers do that too often without there being a genuine problem. Also, it won't prevent the buyer leaving negative feedback that eBay will not remove.

If a buyer uses a third-party freight forwarder they forfeit their Money Back Guarantee protection. That means provided you obtain the necessary online delivery confirmation (or signature for a >=£450 item) you will be able to win an "item not received" or "item not as described" case opened via eBay.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Thanks. Spoke to ebay about it before cancelling and they said all fine to cancel. Also said they'd resolve the issue if they attempt to leave negative feedback. I have had success with that many years ago now, back in about 2012 I think when I won a Sega Mega CD chip but the seller claimed he'd already sold it. When I left negative feedback he responds in guide with "Wanted something for nothing" which is odd as I'd paid him.

Will see how this goes but I think it was the beginning of a bigger scam. I have more expensive Lego on sale and I think if the £50 one had worked for him, he'd have done the same with the bigger, more expensive items.

I've messaged the buyer direct explain the concern of the dissolved forwarding company then stuck them on my block list.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

It makes no difference where you may be asked to send an item ,nor does the buyers feedback count mean anything at all.

If you sell online you can be scammed very easily at anytime ,especially if the site you use offer a money back guarantee.

Never list anything you cannot afford to lose !.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

If anyone is interested this is the "forwarding shipping" company address

4px Transrush, Unit 5 Trident Way, Southall, UB2 5LF

We just have to be thankful for Companies House. If you look that address are there are loads of LTD companies assigned to Unit 5. Every director is Chinese and every company has been dissolved!

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

@four_mid_able wrote:

If you sell online you can be scammed very easily at anytime ,especially if the site you use offer a money back guarantee.

eBay's Money Back Guarantee is forfeited in it's entirety if the buyer uses a third-party freight forwarder.

If the buyer opens an "item not received" case the seller only needs to provide suitable proof the item was delivered to the address they were given. If the buyer opens an "item not as described" case eBay states:

mbgnc.png

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

@stevenwhiting wrote:

Spoke to ebay about it before cancelling and they said all fine to cancel. Also said they'd resolve the issue if they attempt to leave negative feedback.

eBay's customer service agents are well versed in telling callers what they want to hear in order to get them off the line - I can almost guarantee if any negative feedback is left it will not be removed. If the feedback comment contains offensive language or similar the most likely outcome will be eBay removing the comment but leaving the rating. You can read under what circumstances eBay will remove feedback here

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: