WHY ARE EBAY THE BIGGEST LIARS?

I recently sold a synthesizer on ebay.  Ouch! because of the commission. I am not a regular seller but I needed to release some funds and I sold the item reluctantly.

I must admit i did not fully understand the process but the buyer paid and despite him being 50 plus miles away, I dropped it off personally.  He gave the item a full check over and was so happy he showed me what do.  He was so happy that he scanned on my phone for me the bar code and then pressed a button that said picked up (originally I put local collection). 

On the site it says payment will be released after delivery or pick up. I was worried so contacted ebay and had an message converstaion with an agent who said the money would be in my account after 24 hours.  I was happy even leaving good feedback for the agent.  It turns out that the agent maybe be unaware that was speaking complete LIES.  

I rang today and spoke on the telephone this time to a very helpful nice guy but with no autthority! He rang the transactions team who at first claimed I had not scanned the barcode - my buyer scanned the barcode and mark DELIVERED (as he was so happy!). The agent tried his best on part of the ebay site it says PAYMENT RECEIVED -DELIVERED on another just says payment received.  The agent said the Transaction team have said they won't pay me as the value (over £1000) is a large amount - he assured me that ebay is not making interest on my money (But it is your account not mine).  However he said that it will around 30 days before they pay me (I know it says this on the website  to check if buyer happy but mine was ecstatic and even helped me scan the barcode etc).

THIS IS SCANDULOUS! I have been a loyal member of ebay for 24 years and I will speak to MP and now make it my mission on social media, PR outlets and newspapers to highlight how ebay mislead lie and cheat!

Too many businesses these days fake empathy and values around ethics, people and good causes and this is classic example. I am tired of allowing these huge businesses to make profits regardless and to make me a victim of their very poor practices and policies.

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

@*help_no_brakes* wrote:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816...

COMPLETE RUBBISH _ I WAS TOLD I WOULD BE PAID BY YOUR AGENT IN 24 HOURS

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

I am going to make it my mission to bring ebay lies to everyone I know on social media and in business!

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

You were not told by my agent.

This is a members discussion board.

It's never a good idea to rely on advice from eBay CS.

The link I provided explains why payments are at times placed on hold.

I too have experienced this in the past & understand the reasons.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

@*help_no_brakes* is right about customer services. They frequently say what they think the buyer wants to hear to end the call. What they tell the caller has regularly been found to be wrong. 

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Big ocean small wii.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

I spotted a Chinese item on ebay for £12.99

Everywhere else it was £50+ so I alerrted ebay as it was a scam.

I was ignored.

The seller went on to sell 211 items.

Then negs started rolling in. After 2 weeks and 15 negs the item was pulled.

This is why ebay put some payments on hold.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

A loyal member of ebay for 24 years...  OK, agreed it was reasonable to think of yourself as a member 20+ years ago.  I thought likewise.  But today you're just dealing with a rapacious incompetent business like many other big businesses.  You're a customer.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent