Search engine changed? 16 March 24

Can anyone comment on a change to the search engine and results just today? 
I've spoken to eBay CS twice and they say no changes have been made that they are aware of. 
So when I look at items for sale - it used to show the top 4 positions for sponsored items and then after that it was whatever results came after that with a smattering of sponsored items through the top 60/120/240 on best match. 
Now it's showing top 2-5 items with the text under it saying "Results matching fewer words" and then proceeds to fill up the rest of the search results with some sponsored listings at the top and random items underneath. 
So for example I did a search for  "USB CABLE" and it came up showing 5 items then with a break showing the text  "Results matching fewer words". So the first 5 aren't sponsored as normal - but the 6th one is after the break showing "Results matching fewer words". 
So I decided to break it down even more and did a search for "MONITOR", and it showed 2 items before giving the "Results matching fewer words" - how it searches for fewer words than one word - monitor I dont know.
So I called eBay CS and they said they didnt know anything about any changes to the search engine or results. So far I've used 2 different computers (mac & PC), 2 different phones, and an android tablet, running a variety of software like chrome, edge, safari, and the app on 2 phones and the browsers on those phones too and get the same result. 
So does anyone know anything about this massive change in search results?

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

From now on, to find your listing on ebay you have to search without spaces between words, for example "usbcable" or"usb-cable" 
The ebay search engine is down and it's hard to explain it to them so they can understand it, according to them everything is working properly and they haven't had any reports.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

They have at least one now 🙂 

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Also it seems to be back to "normal" at the moment....

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Yep!!!, it's back to normal now 👍👊

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Never search for 'best match'.  That means 'best for ebay'.  Use 'lowest price+post', or whatever's relevant for you.  And you can set that to the default.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: