Descriptions missing again -

Do we get a Fee refund when ebay fails to display a listing ?

Alerted to it by potential bidder - great advertisement for the platform, what should i tell the regular bidder?

'Hi xxxxxx i see the ebay gremlins are back.

No soundfile on
*Rex Garvin
Cheers xxxxxxx

Item description from the seller

Business seller information

Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

If the item has not been bid on yet.   Edit your Advert & add the Description (if it isn't in the last few hours to end of auction).

Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

thanks for you assistance.

There are bids on it.

Changing a description is not a two minute task - as a responsible seller, i add actual sounds clips to aid buyers.

Why has ebay not fixed this problem more than a month ago - when the CS suggested telling cache clearing for anyone who may want to view it.

Sellers do pay for the privilege of listing.

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

eBay item number:386782431584

Hi -  Can you please see if you can see anything in the description box .

If i go to edit , the preview section before making an edit, shows the complete listing as i made it and im guessing was visible for me to attract bids, but nothing shows for buyers to bid on now- Thanks

@ile136yz 

Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

Your Rex Garvin single doesn't have a discription on my browser but does on the eBay app.

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

Browser screenshot.

Screenshot_2024-03-12-09-12-37-447~2.jpeg

eBay app screenshot.

Screenshot_2024-03-12-09-12-56-404~2.jpeg

Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

Thanks for that - im not savvy on new tech things -

As my other listings , according to a regular customer who highlighted the problem, are visible, and that you can see it on an 'App' (i take it thats for mobiles etc ?) - which shows i at least had a description -

Maybe the bidders used Mobiles ? 

Does the issue lay with ebay ?

Thanks again - this kinda stuff is really beyond me.

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

I'd think if the discription is there on the app but not a browser it's an eBay problem.

Ask marco@ebay  or dave@ebay  if they can look into it for you.

By the way I checked your other listings and their discriptions were visible.

Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

I also can't see the description -  using laptop, win 10, firefox.

Nothing looking via Edge either

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

Thats what my thoughts arrived at - weeks ago dave@ebay  copied and pasted a regime of cookie clearing as the solution when i raised it as a problem - but he didnt answer when i asked how i could communicate his solution to all potential bidders - It is a spasmodic issue from what i can gather.

Thanks for checking the other listings, i did my end, but not from the outside. Maybe i have to reduce listings again until a solution can be made work.

Thanks again for your time.

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

Hi,

I've had a look at Advert you referenced   -    It shows the Description Section empty.

Regards E

Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

Thanks for looking - was it on a PC Browser or App?

advert?

as forwarded in Message 6 of 11

Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

On PC Browser.

At the same time I looked at your other Record Adverts . The Desciption Sections were okay & showing the Music Clip which I listen to (Great Idea)

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

I've been looking (on youtube) at any problems when adding Videos to eBay listings .

One answer stated that if the length of the video goes over the one minute, it may delay the description being added.

So when I looked at the length of your videos it stated 1.00 minute on most, & one with 1.01 minute. I wonder if the missing disciption's video may have been slightly longer & caused the description's to be void.

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

Thanks for your time and comments.

Ill try to keep my sound clips to 58 secs - years ago i used to do that time, but its crept a little it seems. Some sound clips are the full length of the record, if its of questionable condition in my mind, to present the potential buyer with the total product and can listen for jumps and sound quality.

Whilst this may answer the insertion of the sound clip affecting no descriptions- would that effect the typed description?

Also another member @douglaspuglas , has noted they description is visible on App.

In creating a listing, the final separate act is the loading of the sound clips, although this action has not changed in many many years.

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

I had the same problem with a classified ad until this morning (16/03/24)

I had copied and pasted a description from the same item I had for sale on a different website to my ebay listing, so I cleared the description script completely and rewrote it manually. He presto! The description now appears on my ad.

Hope this is helpful

Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately - i had bids on the item before the description vanished, so i cant re add the description sadly.

I was informed the description was missing by a customer , i know not how many more can not see a description , but its more than one, as a regular of these boards. - Thanks though.

Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: