Very Low Sales Aug 2023

Good morning everyone.

I am coming with an subject which I am presuming that everyone facing .

Why sales are so low since last week ?

I had only 1 sale last Wednesday and nothing since that time.

I have over 1k listings but very low sales atm.

How your shops are doing? 🙂

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Very Low Sales Aug 2023

Firstly, I think you have a great eBay store. Lots of good items which should be selling.

So if they're not selling, do some work on the listings to see if it helps: end & re-list, change descriptions, add pictures, send offers and above all, check prices to make sure you are competitive. It's a rolling process that you have to keep up with almost daily. The days of easy sales may be over for a while.

We're all facing tough competiton from other sellers, with less consumer spending. We just have to work harder and more cleverly.

Keep going - we can't give up now!

Good luck all.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Very Low Sales Aug 2023

Yes the same here, I have never seen sales so low in all the time I have been selling on ebay.  I have sold 2 low cost items in 1 week which is unheard of - I have over 1300 items on sale.

Something is wrong in ebay, it is like things have been switched off.  Despite sales, sending offers, putting back on promotions, etc. sales have been bad for a long while, but the last week has been unbelievable!

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Very Low Sales Aug 2023

Quick look and you have next to no item specifics on most of your listings, thats not helping.

One example as it caught my eye is the Schleich 42565 set, ( son used to collect the animals ) from a very quick search a well known toy shop is selling it for £39.99, and others lower, but your asking near £70

But yes has been a slow month, I am down 30% this month, but can ride that storm. Across the board speaking to alot of dealers they are all saying the same thing, just a plain weird month.

Its not the cost of living excuse as money is still out there and changing hands.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Very Low Sales Aug 2023

My sales sharply dropped since end of last week.  

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Very Low Sales Aug 2023

School holidays, end of the month, nobody been paid yet and inflation and the cost of living means people have a lot less to spend. 

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Very Low Sales Aug 2023

Firstly, I think you have a great eBay store. Lots of good items which should be selling.

So if they're not selling, do some work on the listings to see if it helps: end & re-list, change descriptions, add pictures, send offers and above all, check prices to make sure you are competitive. It's a rolling process that you have to keep up with almost daily. The days of easy sales may be over for a while.

We're all facing tough competiton from other sellers, with less consumer spending. We just have to work harder and more cleverly.

Keep going - we can't give up now!

Good luck all.

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Very Low Sales Aug 2023

My Sales Droped 50%

I think eBay not doing enough markting for us.

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Very Low Sales Aug 2023

could i ask how your sales have been lately? ours started fall around July and now in 2024 our sales are almost non existant.

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Very Low Sales Aug 2023

Hi garden_life - my sales have been dire for a few months, probably since June / July also.  Each month gets less and less although the last week or so has been very slightly better, but bearing in mind I have shop fees of £93 or so a month, I am hardly making enough to cover this.  Ebay and Royal Mail are definitely doing better than I am out of my sales.  I am contemplating downgrading my shop to a basic one and putting my clothes in small lots to try and sell some bulk and will be running my stock down as I can't take any more with things how they are now. 

It's a shame as I have been doing this for years and used to really enjoy it, but it's time to give it up I guess.  I don't think ebay will ever be workable for me now unless I sell things for peanuts. 

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Very Low Sales Aug 2023

Something is very wrong, there is a thread been running since May about dropping sales for many sellers, here is a link, its quite a worrying read.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/No-sales/m-p/7412137#M293605

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Very Low Sales Aug 2023

I sell vintage glass on ebay and ebid. 

Usually the run up to Christmas is dead for me on both, but between Christmas Day and into the first week of the New Year I would expect several sales on either or both sites.  (Cash gifts, unspent Christmas savings etc.)

This year NOT ONE SALE on either.

Not suprising on ebay as I have no live listings due to the Fantasy Delivery Dates stupidity and traditional chaos.

But equally dead on ebid, which is unusual after the Holidays since Covid Lockdowns.

A couple of possible reasons come to mind.

Less cash gifts or perhaps they're being kept to pay the next energy bill?

I don't know what state RM and Couriers are in regarding uncleared back-logs, (I'm still waiting for an RM 48 parcel bought before Christmas).

If many other people are still waiting for as yet undelivered on-line purchases, are they likely to order more stuff?

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent