Used Global Shipping which sent item via DHL that do not post to PO Box

Item number 126363015055

I used Global Shipping Programme which used DHL in the destination country, however, the buyer uses a PO Box and DHL dont post to PO Box's apparently.

I have tried reaching out to a real person at ebay for advise but I keep getitng pushed into automated flows that end up telling me to contact buyer, it was the buyer who contacted me.

Surely the shipping programme would know these postage restrictions considering how many parcels are moved daily.

What do I do,

- do I wait for item to be returned (will it be returned), then refund buyer and relist

- or can ebay resolve and manage the situation as it is ebay shipping programme that has resulted in the issue

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

If your buyer opens an item not received claim you're covered here because all you have to do is to provide a tracking number showing delivery to the UK GSP shipping hub (hopefully you've already uploaded tracking to the dispatch details if you didn't buy a postage label via eBay).

Thereafter, they are responsible for refunding the buyer.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Hiya

I did add tracking as soon as I dispated it to the listing, I will inform buyer to do this

Many thanks

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Okay, when they've opened the item not received claim just respond with something along the lines of

"This item was sold via eBay's Global Shipping Programme and tracking number XXXXX shows that it was delivered to the UK shipping hub on (date) and that the GSP then sent the item out to an address that their courier doesn't deliver to, thus they are responsible for refunding the buyer here."

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

As others have said, as it was a GSP sale you are not responsible for any issues with the international shipping part.

In this case eBay should have address validation in place to not allow the buyer to use a PO Box address if they know that their GSP courier can't deliver to it. But it's too late now.

The buyer should open an INR case, eBay should refund buyer at their cost, no impact to you. The item then becomes eBay's property and eBay will dispose of it to a third party - depending on value you may see it relisted on eBay in a few weeks for UK delivery only (the listing will nick your photos and description - eBay seem to allow it).

Unfortunately, eBay is part of the modern world whereby good Customer Service is increasingly hard to come by. I think eBay take the view that it is cheaper to reduce CS and write off losses from problems, than have better CS and systems in place to avoid them. It is a shame but that seems to be how things work.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent