The absurdities of ebay...

Hello, 10 days ago I put on sale a Game Boy game (The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening Game Boy CIB). at 74.99 and I got it immediately after putting it on sale 4 watchers and in the span of not even two days 10 watchers. I then cancelled that ad because I couldn't find the game anymore and there were 15 watchers in total.

I have relisted that same game after I found it and considerably decreased the price (59.90) . Result = 1 watcher  😄

It doesn't make any sense. Can someone explain how the ebay algorithm works? If there's any?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

It can depend on many things, it may be that when you originally listed it there happened to be quite a few people on EBay at the time who was interested in it. It may be that because you canceled the listing and reuploaded the listing later people have moved onto another listing of the same game. Also as you dropped the price so significantly people who may have watched it might think there is something wrong with it especially if it is under what the game would normally go for. Though looking at other listings for the same game it doesn't appear to be too much different in price to others.

One other thing I would mention is you have it listed as very good condition, well the actual cartridge looks very good but not the box or the manual, they look far from very good. You haven't added any any other description of the actual item you are selling like pointing out the wear on the box and the damage to the manual.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Some people watch things to see if it sells at the price you put on. As they have the same item. It often happens when the seller thinks a thing is rare, and it's a cheap version of the same thing. The cheaper price might be what they normally sell for. So the people are not interested.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Item listed. Listing cancelled. Same item listed at a different price.

Some potential buyers may think, "Time waster, are they going to cancel it again?"

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Not everyone is on Ebay every day, or even every week. You're original watchers may only log on once a month.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent